Ultimate Subaru Message Board

I would like to get a FSM, where?

I was on the phone with my dealership today, they cant get the FSM

1982 GL sedan with 3AT EA81

Get your credit card ready. FSM's are available at Subaru Pubs Hotline 1-866-428-2278 (toll free). That's the end of the "free" part. The FSM's for my 90 Loyale cost $60 for the engine/tranny/differential section, and about $20 a piece for the steering/suspension, electrical and body sections. Take a pass on the "General" section. Good stuff, and worth it if you're really into it for the long haul.

I was on the phone with my dealership today, they cant get the FSM

1982 GL sedan with 3AT EA81

If you are interested....I would like to be of service to get you a full FSM for it...NEW too.

I'll bet the dealer you talked with did not check all the possible avenues of attack to get a full FSM....

a new FSM set for an 86 is about $150 shipped...the 80 has less sections overall...i woudl tend to think about 100 or less would get it to your door steps. I will know more in the morning. email or PM me if you are serious...

wmaham1701@hotmail.com

I bought a complete 82 FSM on e-bay about two months ago for 14.95 plus actual shipping, and the guy shipped it media rate. I still can't believe someone on the board didn't beat me out on that one. I also bought two sections of the 86 FSM for 9.95 only this guy hit me for 15.00 shipping. E-bay is your best bet, in the mean time the guys on this board can help you with page copies. Send me a PM with the info you need and I will try to help. Sorry, not going to copy the complete book. icon10.gif

Two more options for you: www.books4cars.com. Also, Bentley has a manual (a re-write of the FSM which is actually better than the FSM) which covers models up to 1984. The Bentley manual can occasionally be found on ebay. Books4cars had one a while back for $50 plus shipping. If you're really desparate and investigate the Bentley manual and decide it will work for you, I have a copy I would let go for $40 plus shipping. Also, don't forget Amazon.com, they have a complete listing of used book dealers and can sometimes come up with amazing deals. Best of luck.