Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Oil Cooler adapters,permanent avalibility!

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here is the way things look...correct me if im wrong, Ive had to clean out my PM and email inbox....

shadow (not paid)

TomRhere (paid, paypal)

Alex C. (not paid)

SubSandRail (payment on way?)

subiemech85 (payment on the way)

subynut (not paid)

I think im missing someone...or someone's payment info is not true...?

• 2 weeks later...

I'm way late on this WJM. I was pointed to this thread from xt6.net.....from a discussion on oil coolers. Would one of these work on the ER27 engine (which is similar to the EA82 engine in a lot of respects 'cept displacement/cylinders)?

If it can fit and I can someone get a complete kit with everything I need, then I want one. I recall something earlier about some additional pieces being needed. Is this still the case? I just want to buy it, have it installed and be done with it. That is....after you get your next batch or if one of the peeps pulled out of the original 'group buy'. Thanks!

hey, wjm. you know i want one. but had problems the last time with pay pal nad the whole being deployed early. so i could not send out for them. email me or pm me. my mom's in charge of my finances. so she should be able to get money out. thanks. and sorry about the last time. i got to figure out how to get pay pal to work off my debit card...

jwcboardtilldeath@snowboard.com

I'm way late on this WJM. I was pointed to this thread from xt6.net.....from a discussion on oil coolers. Would one of these work on the ER27 engine (which is similar to the EA82 engine in a lot of respects 'cept displacement/cylinders)?

If it can fit and I can someone get a complete kit with everything I need, then I want one. I recall something earlier about some additional pieces being needed. Is this still the case? I just want to buy it, have it installed and be done with it. That is....after you get your next batch or if one of the peeps pulled out of the original 'group buy'. Thanks!

I am selling only the adapter its self, and it will fit the ER27's. the reason for adapter only is due to the different demands of everyone's oil cooling needs/wants.

For example...I am not going to use one of these adapters...for i am going to use a remote filter mount kit along with an oil cooler...non-thermostat'ed. These adapters have a t-stat in them, which is good for the street/autocross/track days. I am shooting for all out racing-izm.

hey, wjm. you know i want one. but had problems the last time with pay pal nad the whole being deployed early. so i could not send out for them. email me or pm me. my mom's in charge of my finances. so she should be able to get money out. thanks. and sorry about the last time. i got to figure out how to get pay pal to work off my debit card...

jwcboardtilldeath@snowboard.com

I will pm you soon.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Okay, I'm extremely late to the ballgame here. Permanent availability means that I can place an order for one by myself, I don't need 4 other people? (I might be able to get one other person in this though...)

If so, I'll do it! If I don't see any response in this thread, I'll PM you WJM...

they have two in stock right now.

Call 1-704-536-9635 ask for the parts department....then ask for one of the old school Oil cooler adapters (part# EA82OCA i think, under SU aka SUBARU)). They will ship UPS. They accept all major credit cards I believe.

anyone installed one or have pictures yet? for stock motors and daily driving is it better to not have one? should the oil temperature reach a certain temperature to meet it's designed operational temps or is it always better to stay as low as possible?

does it affect oil flow at all?

anyone installed one or have pictures yet? for stock motors and daily driving is it better to not have one? should the oil temperature reach a certain temperature to meet it's designed operational temps or is it always better to stay as low as possible?

does it affect oil flow at all?

There are pics floating around....

Better TO have one on a turbo car....there is a built in thermostat that opens at 180*....so the oil is kept at proper operating temp for a turbo car. In an NA....i would leave it alone...unless you are using it as an all out road racing NA engine. :burnout:

It did not seem to affect oil flow the times I have used it.

Well, I just bought one for myself! w00t my engine thanks you, WJM and the fine people at Folgers Subaru

HAHA Manny, no kidding I was JUST about to inform you of this!!!

I will make a phone call sometime this week...

Thanks WJM for getting these for us!!! :D