Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Brat Bed liner?

I'm picking up a 78 Brat tomorrow so the fun begins on protecting it. Anyone know of a drop in bed liner made for gen 1 Brats? If not, how about those spray in bed liner stuff?

Since this is my first gen 1 subie I'll have more questions for sure.

Thanks,

there isn't a slip in bed liner made for the brats and I wouldn't recomend it if there was one cause moisture can trap underneath that and make some big rustholes

but the Rhino/line-x lining is a good choice and you can also get a DIY kit that is a roll in kit called Herculiner that works good for that in fact I am looking into that stuff when I redo the 76 for the underside and also the floorpan area

I just used the cheapy Duplocolor bed liner to "paint" the brushguard on my Brat. Looks good. I imagine you get what you pay for, so I would recommend using the Hurculiner for the bed, That's what I think I'll do eventually. Using a roller was key for my brushguard, since at first I used a brush and it had some brush marks that looked crappy.

Keith

Professioally installed bedliners are the best. Spideyz is correct on you get what you pay for. I got a couple estimates from Line-X and Rhino. Both over $300.00 but you get a warranty that goes with it. The problem with installation is that on the Brats and even El camino's and Ranchero's is that they can't just slider a curtain between the bed and cab. There is alot more prep time involved. Have fun with the new addition.

You could avoid the curtain problem.... just have them do the whole car! :brow:

I hear that Rhino is the best, but LineX is probably a good deal better than the DIY stuff. Rhino has a product out now to restore the shine to their product, as it will fade from UV over time. I've heard good reviews on that product as well.

GD

I like the looks of line-x compared to rino line, liine -x has cleaner look as far as i'm concered but everyone will have a differant opioinon

Line -x Here in denver wants $385.00 for the bed

I ask about the rocker panels I want to do thoes and up to the wide molding on the bottom of the door.

And for that the want $285.00 I.m assuming that for both sides and not per side

Hassey

I used the roll-on type and it looked a bit chunky... dried with shiny and dull spots... I sprayed the Walmart Truck Bed liner over it and it looks awesome, tough too.

There is a picture of it in thegreatsubarubratclub@ yahoogroups.com

Go to "Files" - "Seahag"

Rhino told me it would be a LOT more than a larger truck because of the seat brackets etc. Quoted me around $600. and a month wait! Yikes!