Ultimate Subaru Message Board

sad day for nutt7...(more damage info)

they offered me $475 for pain suffering lost wages etc., not including what the car is worth to them. I did not choose to settle yet...not lookin good...we will see.

Ask them to find you another one for sale in as nice of condition. They have to do it, or fix your car. It's that simple really. If they can't prove it's replaceable for what they are giving you, then they have to give you more, or fix your car. That is the ethics of the situation, and I would spell that out for them in plain english.

Ask the adjuster how they would feel in your sitation. Make it personal if you can, and just wait - you'll get what you want, but like we said, it takes time. Months maybe. It takes YOUR signature to close the deal, and without that, they are stuck. Just remember that YOU are holding all the aces - the accident was not your fualt, you were injured (although minor), you were highly inconveinced, and they need your signature on the deal. Tell them that, and then ask them how they think a judge would feel about the situation....

GD

same exact thing happened to me with a toyota I had, guy turned right in front of me on christmas eve, totalled both cars, I had to spend christmas morning getting checked out at the hospital, my neck killed for weeks. Thats how I got my Loyale, used the insurance money to buy it(insurance company jacked me though, hold out for as much as you can).