Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Oil pump

the stock oil pump is a high output pump and should do anything that the engine demands. they really engineered a good pump for your ea82! If your pump is reading below 25 pounds of running (not idleing) pressure , you might want to look for leaks.

Oil is fine, and the gauge is the one in the console of the car - I am not overly concerned about it, but I am going to have it torn down to a point where it is easy to replace the pump, so i thought I might as well replace it . . . and I have had to thicken my oil in the past so I wanted to know if I could get a High output.

Toybuilder - I didn't see a pump for the Ea82 carbed engine on that list just the Ea81 - are they the same?

Thanks for the info

Toybuilder - I didn't see a pump for the Ea82 carbed engine on that list just the Ea81 - are they the same?

Thanks for the info

All EA82 engines use the same type of oil pump. The EA81 pump is different.

Look at the list of pumps again. The information for the third item on that list must be incorrect, but notice that all of the part numbers are the same for EA82 engines. The EA82 pump listed will work with your carbed engine.