Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Harley-fied *NEW* Now with picturey goodness!!!

Well....the 83 has been in DIRE need of an exhaust transplant ever since I got it. The local muffler shop wanted nearly $300 for a complete system from the flange back. It all needed replacing, but I don't have 3 large sitting around. Managed to obtain 2 sets of harley mufflers from local Harley custom shops. One set has 2" inlets and outlets, but they aren't straight through. The others are 2" straight through bullet-tip style. For the daily driver, I went with the first set. I figured that the straight through type would work out better on my turbo car (in the works). Got it all put together today and my initial impressions are as follows. All measurements were taken using my S.O.P. chassis dynamometer. :grin:

1) throttle response is not as crisp as I had expected.

2) top end power is largely unaffected.

3) low end torque is somewhat improved.

4) overall smoothness is greatly improved, especially in the midrange

5) the sound is not as loud as I had kind of hoped, but it is throaty and mellow and fun to listen to.

I'll know about any changed to mileage in the next couple of days. Pics to follow soon!

post-4212-136027595987_thumb.jpg

post-4212-136027595995_thumb.jpg

post-4212-136027596003_thumb.jpg

post-4212-13602759601_thumb.jpg

if anybody needs any of these i could get them for about 10 bucks a piece, plus shipping.

they have a 1.7/8 inner diameter, on the clamp side. they are kinda like a glass pack, thats chrome, and tapered at the end. and you can run them with or without the baffle inside.

i recommend this cheap mod, and it looks cool

im sitting at a harley shop right now, on the clock. bored.

• 2 weeks later...

"picturey goodness" is the exclusive registered trademark of Andrew Mikelson's Worldwide Consolidated Mischief, Inc. Any unauthorized use is a violation of international copyright and intellectual property laws and will result in the immediate forfeiture of any and all Subarus used in conjunction with the phrase. Our representative will contact you shortly to arrange the repossesion of said Subaru(s). Make sure the tank is full first.

:P i was searching for my wagon for sale thread using that term and was surprised to see two results pop up.. just having a little fun.

"picturey goodness" is the exclusive registered trademark of Andrew Mikelson's Worldwide Consolidated Mischief, Inc. Any unauthorized use is a violation of international copyright and intellectual property laws and will result in the immediate forfeiture of any and all Subarus used in conjunction with the phrase. Our representative will contact you shortly to arrange the repossesion of said Subaru(s). Make sure the tank is full first.

:P i was searching for my wagon for sale thread using that term and was surprised to see two results pop up.. just having a little fun.

ONly way you're getting your grubby little paws on my Subaru(s) is over my cold, dead...um...*****!!!

So THERE!

And MY DADDY CAN BEAT UP YOUR DADDY!

INFINITY!

I KNOW YOU ARE SO WHAT AM I?????