Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Burnouts

Whats a decent length of burnout to expect with a subie? I laid a 29' strip in first from 7k on the flat. In front wheel drive in the Loyale. Would second work better? I plan to take the front halfshaft out when I get my lisence and do E-brake stands in 4wd/RWD. I popped one of my front tires running over a road sign and the edge of a culvert's concrete headwall (I had my lights off..don't ask. I'm just glad I have 4wd), so I have an unmatching set of wheels, making the remaining tires disposable. I have throttle happy hicks to beat, so what can I expect? What have you all done?

the other day we had our first rain, doin' 4wd drifts right throught the intersection gets some looks.

Didn't even need an ebrake to do a brake stand just pop the clutch in fwd and listen to those tires zing, I think I sat in one place for like 1 min just spining my wheels, it was great. You could really feel when the turbo kicked in, something like this...

Pop clutch, no traction, no traction, little traction, little more traction, turbo hits, absofreakin no traction, have to shift, repeat.

Anyways I think 30' on dry pavement is ok, it was probably only one wheel in your case so that degrades the coolness factor a little, I guess I need to go out and let mine rip on the dry struff.

Based on moral grounds, I will not encourage you to do underage, underliscensed, drunken RWD burn outs in a FWD/4WD car. The carnage is just not worth it. However, once you get your liscense, I will fully encourage it. :drunk:

Good luck not getting arrested!

:headbang:

this is not a problem in mason. hence the lights out tactic mentioned.

repaint your rig and rims flat black

It's true.I think that a full coat of flat black primer on the entire body of the car, save viewing holes (front windshield) including lights to prevent any reflection Especially from a 'authority' vehicle.

We will call you STEALTHRIDER

I WAS NOT DRUNK. I'm not underaged either, just unliscened, uninspected, and unregistered, and I'm working on changing that. Sorry. Its easy to not get caught in our area. I've waved to cops going down the street on my dirtbike. The neighboring town is having a crackdown on ATV riders cause the Finn kids got too cocky about not going through the nicities of pulling over and saying sorry. The back end seems rediculously light on the wagon, so I have high hopes for it when its RWD.

This is what rear wheel drive and all the time in the world gets you, my friend and i were doing burnouts, his s-10 was doing pretty good ones, just had to show him up, i could have done it all day but when you cant see and there are huge cliffs beside you, vision is nice. also the next day my friend told me the police pulled him over and said he didnt have enough evidense to bust him but he knew him and someone else was up there making a mess, he never said it was me.:D

http://www.ultimatesubaru.org/photos/showphoto.php?photo=2131&sort=1&cat=500&page=1

I WAS NOT DRUNK. I'm not underaged either, just unliscened, uninspected, and unregistered, and I'm working on changing that. Sorry. Its easy to not get caught in our area. I've waved to cops going down the street on my dirtbike. The neighboring town is having a crackdown on ATV riders cause the Finn kids got too cocky about not going through the nicities of pulling over and saying sorry. The back end seems rediculously light on the wagon, so I have high hopes for it when its RWD.

those dam finns still ruinin it for everyone.

if there just wasn't so many of em.....

i used to like to see my friends riding thier ATV's down on route 31, till the cops showed up and they would just drive across the river and wave:-p. which i have plans of doing my self shortly :brow: only in the subaru.

most of the formalities of waving at the cops and saying your sorry can be easily avoided by ditching em....

lets see some pictures of your roo!!!

Wow all this remides me so much of when I got my first car. It was an 85 BRAT and it was the best first car any kid could ever have. After breaking 3 CV shafts and bending a stub shaft doing FWD take offs I converted it to RWD and then the fun really began. Like everone says these things will burn tire all day espessially with a front E-brake and low range in a BRAT. The whole thing was flat black with little slits in the marker lights to keep it leagal. It had grates and screen over the headlights, plus a brake light kill switch and small driving lights for those "lights out" situations;) This thing was seriously a legend in it's time, I still get asked by people I hardly knew from highschool "what happend to that BRAT you drove?" It was on the town police list of vehicles to pull over just becouse. (might of had something to do with that line lock I did in front of the cop):rolleyes: I did get to use the evasive features at least three times to avoid the cops. AND! I almost forgot the best part! It had a big channel steel bumber that stuck a foot out in front of the cruck. I used this to take down everything from trees, to election signs, and even to move other students cars out of my parking spot.

It was the bomb.

Funny when I first started reading your thread I thought "stupid kid:rolleyes: " then I remembered what I did.:) Does this mean I'm getting old?:-\

Hey dude its stick right? it all depends on when you drop the clutch, i can roast my tires if i drop it at 6000 rpms and i do it all the time at 5000 and my original clutch at 117000 miles is still perring like a kitten

heh, give it another mile. itll break. :grin: based on experience.

This thing was seriously a legend in it's time, I still get asked by people I hardly knew from highschool "what happend to that BRAT you drove?" It was on the town police list of vehicles to pull over just becouse. (might of had something to do with that line lock I did in front of the cop):rolleyes: I did get to use the evasive features at least three times to avoid the cops. AND! I almost forgot the best part! It had a big channel steel bumber that stuck a foot out in front of the cruck. I used this to take down everything from trees, to election signs, and even to move other students cars out of my parking spot.

Check this out- pulled over on saturday up in Fort collins in my brat. going 72 in a 55 racing a 318 plymouth satelight restoration project of my buddy's (i know it's worthless, i really do). cracked windsheild, had unbuckled seat belt (to get license etc. out of glove department), and me and the kiddo i was with were 17 out at 1230- curfew violation (you can get arrested for that, and usually are in this neck of the woods..)

Got off SCOTT FREE!!! yeah, buddy!

So some kid comes up to me, i'm at a moving away party tonight, some kid walks up, didn't know him, "you're the chick with the brat! raddest f***ing thing eva!!!"

yeah, buddy!

Edit: don't get me started on mowing political signs...

Check this out- pulled over on saturday up in Fort collins in my brat. going 72 in a 55 racing a 318 plymouth satelight restoration project of my buddy's (i know it's worthless, i really do). cracked windsheild, had unbuckled seat belt (to get license etc. out of glove department), and me and the kiddo i was with were 17 out at 1230- curfew violation (you can get arrested for that, and usually are in this neck of the woods..)

Got off SCOTT FREE!!! yeah, buddy!

So some kid comes up to me, i'm at a moving away party tonight, some kid walks up, didn't know him, "you're the chick with the brat! raddest f***ing thing eva!!!"

yeah, buddy!

Edit: don't get me started on mowing political signs...

young girls can get away with that.. you must be cute.. lol