Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Who wants NA headers, and TWE update

WJM

First, TWE update:

The final check from Folgers is finally on its way as of the middle of last week. Some one of the upper management decided its not important to send it off as soon as it was printed and signed. :banghead::mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

So, its on its way. Hopefully everytihng will be at Folgers within the next month...the check has to clear, the items have to clear customs, etc.... :banghead:

Ok...a while back, someone on here had some NA headers for the EA81/82 made up...Tig welded and so on...they were really nice.

I myself am interested in building up an NA engine for my wagon...10.5:1 compression, cams, intake and and full exhaust.

So who would be interested in a header? TWE makes some really great stuff for the Impreza NA's, and I dont have a clue on cost...but im just putting the option out there and see how much interest we have.

What kind of header are you interested in having installed? Equal length or unequal (Ala Borla) for that grumbling boxer sound? I'm assuming you are going equal for performance but I know there are some that would love that 'Borla-like' rumble a lot of the N/A Impreza owners have come to love.

Well, what kind of price ranges are you guys looking for? Say, $40 per hp or something like that? A header isn't cheap and with the low hp/torque we have on our engines, you never know what to expect. Just trying to help out. I know if Will takes this up, he's going to have to relay some info to TechWorks so they can garner whether they are going to go forth with building it or not. Would be nice to see them make a header with similar results like the Cobb header on the N/A 2.5RS.

Im in Aust so I imagine it would be quite expencive to get something like that here,..

But I would like to construct some of my own, but need ideas of size, length ect.:brow:

Do you have any pics or dimensions/specs of the N/A headers????

They would be greatly appreciated,.. I have a welder and pipe bender on hand.

'Thanks in advance' to anyone who can help me out:drunk:

Im in Aust so I imagine it would be quite expencive to get something like that here,..

But I would like to construct some of my own, but need ideas of size, length ect.:brow:

Do you have any pics or dimensions/specs of the N/A headers????

They would be greatly appreciated,.. I have a welder and pipe bender on hand.

'Thanks in advance' to anyone who can help me out:drunk:

there is a thread around here somewhere...I must search...