Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Rim prob's solved tire's on, lifts done. 4" lift 29x10.5 Interco's

Vanislru

Ok I have my 29.5x10.5's Interco TrXus mounted to 6 bolt toys on the ru and on the back the sidewall tread rubs on a bolt on the suspension arm, not a lot but I need at least 1/4"- 1/2" clearance. I'm thinking of using longer studs with 2 1/4" spacers a rim/hub.

I'm looking for the bolt on 1"-2" spacers but have not had much luck so these are what I've come up with so far.

Anyone got sugestions for studs that are a 1/2" longer?

How bout rim spacers for more offset?

I will try to post pics, just waiting for batteries to charge... stupid digi camera grumble grumble. Why are these pics so grainy? Better ones are in the user gallery.

post-252-136027598013_thumb.jpg

post-252-136027598017_thumb.jpg

post-252-136027598601_thumb.jpg

post-252-136027598606_thumb.jpg

Sounds like there is too much backspacing on those Toyota rims :( Different rims out of the question?

Pull a stud and take some measurements. Should be able to find longer ones that will fit in. Making a spacer shouldnt be too difficult if you have access to a shop.

Make sure 1/2" is gonna clear you even when your suspension is tweaked. There is some side to side play when the heat gets on :cool:

Once I've got a bit of time I'd like to write up what I've found out, so far it's been easy going I just didn't pay enough attention to the offset/backspacing.

It sounds like the 4" lift kit is 1-2 weeks away anyhow so at least I'm not being held up, yet.

These rims are off a late 90's toyota tacoma the backspacing was a 1/2" less than stock subes. Wouldn't be a problem with 9.5 " tires with a normal widewall, these tires at 10.5 with sidewall treads are just too much.

I'm off to the JY tommorow morn. I know earlier toy rims are more likely to fit and might look at some chevy's too.

At least now I know what doesn't work.:)

$960 CDN for 5, that's 14.5 % taxes,$ 40 tire tax/eco fee [bS fee goes straight to general revenue] and $40 mounting/balancing included.

So before taxes,fees, service charges these tires were bsically free lol.

They are supposed to have excellent tread life according to coke dealin guy with the 44's. When I get the lift kit in I'll take it out on the nastiest muddy trails around here, after watching the hatch patrol vids I'd say ours are about the same it's all Pacific NW type terrain, and then into the snow, and then up some crazy volcano rock, and then on some beach in the sand, and then...

Anyways I'll write these tires up for Zap's tire sticky cause I know how choked some people get with the repetitive que's and all:rolleyes:. You know when I was on the old board several years ago I never noticed the impatience that seems to be out there now. I don't get it, ah well nothing new there.

Found 5 older toy 6 bolts with 3.5" backspacing chrome steelies, I wanted alloys but had little luck. Finding the right back spacing is hard there's alot of good 6 bolt rims out there but I think anything over 4" backspacing is a no go if you are running 10.5" wide tires. Will mount and post pics tomorrow morn.

Funny you said that, it's got one tire mounted right now and without the lift in it that sides so far off the ground that the doors don't want to close all that well! I'm just waiting to here back from Patrick on the shipping/ETA of the kits , the wait with the car off the road has been good it's given me time to fix all the nagging little issues and do the fender flares too.

• 4 weeks later...

Still have to install the LSD, the oil cooler, and fix up the paint around the wheel wells but i took her out into the snow today, man I LOVE the ride height! Snow banks, ditches, water bars, no problem clearance is not an issue any more!

I'm still haveing probs with resizing, better qualitiy photo's are in my user gallery, I will try to fix these photos.

post-252-136027598565_thumb.jpg

post-252-136027598572_thumb.jpg

Still have to install the LSD, the oil cooler, and fix up the paint around the wheel wells but i took her out into the snow today, man I LOVE the ride height! Snow banks, ditches, water bars, no problem clearance is not an issue any more!

I'm still haveing probs with resizing, better qualitiy photo's are in my user gallery, I will try to fix these photos.

Sounds great. Isn't it great how you dont sit down into your subaru at all anymore? Just slide right in and floor it

:lol:

Looks much better now Van. Don't s'pose the Off Road Vids I sent to ya helped you on your way at all. . . ?
Those vids have got me through many, many late nights sitting up with the babe I think I've watched #5 four or five times now, that and my friends stopped thinking I was nuts wanting to lift a ru after watching you guys having a ball out on the trails. They are the only vids I own, I love'em. Thanks Zapar.

Patrick the kit went in flawlessly, I owe you one for the shipping I won't forget, thank you.

I've tried to resize pics again but i think I now need to do it in a different program than the fuji one that came with the camera cause I'm getting no where, aarrgghh why's this so hard. Time to walk away from the computer for a while.

Check out the white spoke US wheels at www.summitracing.com, get a toyota 6 lug 15x10 in the "standard" backspacing and they should fit fine, mine did with both 30x12s and 33x16s on them.
Isn't the standard backspacing 4.75" on toys, oh wait you mean "standard" backspacing for the Summitracing rims. Those are nice rims, your website is top notch, before I decided to go with the Ozified kit I checked it out and thought about building my own lift but with the babe on the way I figured there'd be no time to build a lift. Very well set up site with TONS of good info, truly an inspiration!

Can't seem to track them down... their site is hard to navigate :(

Go to their main site, and where it says "Search by Summit Part number" on the left hand side of the page, type in USW-70-5060 and hit enter. Those are the wheels that SubaruBrat references on his webpage. :cool:

I'm considering getting a set myself, so that when I trade out my 30x950 A/Ts on the 15x6 toy rims, I can fit a set of 31x1350 TSL/SX swampers without them balooning too much. My only fear is how much I'd have to cut/bang in to still be able to turn. :-\ The only way for me to go w i d e with the tyres is to go up another inch. I rub at half turn when I flex now as it is. I can only imagine what it will require with rims/tyres that wide, and with that much backspacing.. I might have to stack on a set of 2" lift blocks all the way around. :eek:

• 3 weeks later...