Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Salutations All

Hello,

I'm new to this website; which was very helpful to me last night when I was working on my 1988 subaru DL sedan, 67K miles. I was recently stranded when my timing belt broke, fun fun. So I decided to change it myself. The job took longer than I had expected, but now that I've done it, I could probably have a new belt installed in 3 or 4 hours versus 16 hours.....the pictures on this site were particularly helpful.

Happy Holidays!,

WoodChip

yeh i needed a similar experience with my car to get a kick of mechanic into me. but, yeh i rather enjoy tinkering now and i am now rebuilding a 2 stroke brush cutter motor for the heck of it. jeez youll save heaps of money wrenching it yourself and basically the only thing thats goes is constant velocity joints, radiators, head gaskets ( but the head gasket is cause u didnot change the rad in time) and timing belts for ea82's. If you change your fluids regularly your car could well last to 300k.