Ultimate Subaru Message Board

2nd Annual East Coast Subaru Show at Carlisle (Website is up!)

Thats the plan, like you said I have a feeling next year will be huge for the vintage Suby crowd. This year we are still getting them sorted out and apperently alot of us are a litte to buzy:rolleyes: But I think we should all make a commitment to be ready for next year with all our cool vintage rides.:cool:

The rest of you have a good time, I wish I could be there but I'll catch you next year.:)

What Jesse said...

The '78 is pitching a temper tantrum again and the '86 is in primer (well, sort of).

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope ya'll have fun I just couldnt swing it this year..specially since the coupe came into my life...it has ALL my extra spending money tied up into it....BUT she will be ready for next year!!! Like Moosens said...just picture the convoy!!! Someone will have to get that shot on tape.

Northeasterners are taking over on the vintage Soobs! Look out!!

What a great show. I just rolled back in because we stopped in Manassas on the way back to see Star Wars. I will post my pics and a review tommorow. Of course I have to give proper thanks to all those who helped out, Subeman90 for the contribution toward the cause, our local who brought the cooler as promised and even had it topped off with ice, Melis for the nametags which were very well done, and everyone else whom I will try to recall when I post tommorow. It was great to see all our friends again, we didn't get a chance to thank the fellow who provided the 360 van again we looked up and saw it headed accross the field Sunday afternoon, Paul showed up from the VW club again to hang with us, good to see Paul again. The Audi and Saab clubs were pretty enveous of our private movie theater setup. And unless much changed since I left Hocrest still had the fastest lap times of the day in that SVX race car.

It was great to see everybody. Sorry we didn't get to say by and help you boys pack up as the autoxing was running very late. I left at 5:15ish!!!. My wife is now in the early stages of labor so I'll have more to post later. A BIG THANKS TO SUBARUBRAT FOR ALL HIS HARD WORK TO MAKE IT HAPPEN. I totally know how tough it can be. Hopefully next year we'll get more attendees. It is really a great time and Scott's beer was amazing!!!

Here you go boys.

http://www.scca-susq.com/results.html

Definately not the fastest but I came it 10th overall and 22 or so in pax (which is tough for a E Prepared car to do well in). Dave I think was 11th. Not sure about Melis but she did great considering she'd never been in the car before. Still have plent of issues to iron out and actual working struts to get and put in but I know if we figure out why it won't shift from first to 2nd right then we'll shave about 2-3 seconds of that time w/o much else. That would put us up there with the faster drivers of the day.

Well maybe you should bring one to the 3rd annual show!

I regret that the BRAT wasn't there, but at least I had the STI there, next year both. It was a productive show for me, the day after I got back I closed the deal on a Lamborghini Diablo replica. I just might could have it ready for next year's show but I promise nothing given the complexities.

If everything goes well..... I hope to have my newly aquired xt there next year. We did have a guy who was with the MG group park his XT6 with us but I guess he left before it got in any pics. Ben had his 6 there on fri. evening but had to let it home on sat. so he could drive the truck with the SVX racer on the trailer.

uhmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

I don't see any xt's ......?

:banghead:

Actually, it was there and about 10pm one of the guys there with Grassroots Motorsports/Classic Motorsports stopped by our tent for a spell and complemented it. He said something to the effect of it was the best one he had seen in a while and always loved 'em. No pics though so I don't see it appearing anytime soon in one of their publications BUT Speed Channel was there taping on Saturday at the autox when we were running so its possible you may get to see our racer on national tv. Looks like they have a show airing June 4th at 9pm called Cars at Carlisle. It is an hour program.

Hope we made the cut!!!

I talked to the guy with the XT6. Very nice gentleman, said it's the best daily driver he's owned. The paint shined, the rims were perfect. He had 1 little rustspot (if I remember correctly), but that was it. Said he got the car in the shape it was and did nothing to it, so the previous owner must have done what Benebob does to his SVX (hide it from all elements). I didn't get to sit in it, but the interior looked to be immaculate too.

It was a great show...I molested Scott's STI:grin: Unfortunately, I didn't get to hang much at the tent because of schooling and racing (I'm #33 in the SCCA list<2 under Dave:drunk: >)

It was great to meet Samantha (Scott's wife) and see folks from last year and met some new ones.

The movie theater set was wonderful...the other car people thoughts so too because they hovered outside watching.

Sunday after autoXing (which was running way behind) I was a little upset that I didn't get to say good bye to people due to the fact that I see most of them at this event only, but life goes on and I know I'll see all yall next year right? RIGHT!:grin:

Since this happens once a year why not start making plans to attend next years event? It's definately an annual thing...Don't wait until the last minute..plan now and if things change at the time then fine, but why wait and risk missing out on a great time, great people and then regret not getting to go. People get pregnant, sick, new/lose jobs, move, death, etc... it's called life, but everything can be worked around. Let's make this event the biggest shindig happening on the EastCoast...show your pride.