Ultimate Subaru Message Board

More clutch options.

WJM

So i gotta guy locally that builds clutches and such...he's got a "stage 2" and "stage 3" setup avalible...

2 gives you up to 225 hp holding, thats about 40% increase.

3 gives you up to 280 hp holding...thats about 75% increase.

kit includes throwout bearing, clutch disc and presure plate.

i can get you guys the stage 2 for about $200, and the 3 for $225.

the discs are relined with kevelar for stage 2, 3 gives you a little ceremic content. All are sprung hub, and very streetable...the stage 3 does need a little care in engagement from what he told me.

I think Im going to get a stage 2 here in a few days... :banana:

...the stage 3 does need a little care in engagement from what he told me.

Will,

What do you mean by 'the stage 3 does need a little care in engagement'? I'm not real familiar with manual trannies and such. If 'care' is not taken (I'm thinking you mean how smoothly you shift), what could I expect to happen?

Also, what about availability? If $$$ is given up now, when are the first batches expected to be done? You know how it is with new stuff being made from scratch. Thanks!

stage 2 is avalible NOW.

he is out of the stage 3 stuff...if ordered now, can be ready thursday.

there is NO min buy in.

as for care of engagement...its more grabby than the stage stock and stage 2....so, just alittle more care in engaging, but shifting should not be any different.

the stock 4WD EA82 clutch we have in stock goes for about $151...my cost that is...list is something like $200 or so.

So this deal=VERY great if it delivers what it promises. We will find out, as I am picking it up tomorrow. :banana:

Does he have the ER-27 5-speed type clutch?

believe it or not, its the SAME clutch as the EA82 4WD stuff. I got an XT6 set to use in my wagon once...and it was identical in every way to the stock RX or other 4WD EA82 set.