Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Where do you mount your aftermarket electronics?

Can you post installation instructions of both of those Greddy pieces? If you do, I'll get those as well. I could use both of them. I'm not talking about installation instructions from them but from your and your experience. I HATE electronics but I'll try it out. You know me and my million questions. :rolleyes: Thanks!

*The Timid Mechanic*

Are you looking for the 12v constant or the 12v accessory???

The 12v accessory should be connected to the wire on the back of the ignition switch that is...Blue I think...Anyways, it's the same one that runs your stereo, so if you have an aftermarket CD player in your car, you'll see the same wire will be tapped into to send power to the CD player, but only when the key is at the ACC position, obviously not at the Off or any other position (so you don't have constant power to that wire)

Invest in a voltmeter, even a cheap 12 dollar one from Wal-Mart will work good for small projects like this. Use the voltmeter to find your constant power, 12v acc, starter signal and so forth on the back of your ignition switch where your wires connect to it, this is the best place because the wires/solder is/are exposed so you don't have to go probing around the 5 ignition wires finding which one holds constant power and which one just power when the starter is engaged.

Another good thing to do is on the 12v accessory wire is to run an inline fuse so if something happens it will fry the fuse and kill the power rather then frying your boost controller and/or turbo timer.

Hope this helps dude.

Daniel

Question........

Where can I get a new trim peice or bezel for around the radio?

I have two from my two wagons, and one is cut horribly oversized and looks like ************ and the other has a vertical rectangle cut into it on the right side.....

Boosted84 and subarustyles, did you guys find yours anywhere or did they come with the car???

I always look at pap but those are always long gone........does a dealer have them??

Travis, are you talking about the black mounting plate for our CD players?

If so, they are actually mounting plates for stereo stores, you know when you go to like Best Buy or Car Toys and there's all the CD players on the wall...What we use is what they use to mount the CD players in.

I looked around online but, couldn't find any for sale, but they are obviously out there.

Yeah, exactly. Four screws hold it in, the trim around the radio.......

So, it's exactly the same as what they mount the cd players on the wall??

Thanks for the info man, much appreciated. I have been on the look out for a nice, clean, plain black, hole cut in the middle of the panel trim peice for a while.......

Thanks again.....

Oh no prob. dude.

If you go to a stereo store, just ask them...All the guys that sell that crap will know every vendor and online store where you can get them.

BTW: They are cool too because the long skinny rectangular piece under the stereo, on the front there...Is PERFECT for mounting switches for fog lights, fans, etc... If you notice, I have my driving lights switch and hidden behind the shift lever is the light for my alarm.