Ultimate Subaru Message Board

What should i do to this thing?

As for interior goes, I think my carpet, upholstery is fine. All i need is some new speakers and a cd-player. I love that old school interior look.

1987subarugl100098ud.th.jpg

1987subarugl100011cy.th.jpg

1987subarugl100046yl.th.jpg

1987subarugl100075jo.th.jpg

1987subarugl100057ua.th.jpg

Possibilities are

4" lift

Brush Guard

I thought about replacing the exsisting turbo

Definetely some larger tires

Black and Red pinstrip paintjob

New front bumper

Fix my floodlights

I plan on doin some of this in the next year. Any suggestions would appreciated.

Btw im somewhat car illiterate but im not retarded.

If ya need to see ne more angled pics of the car just ask.

find some brown interior pieces and mix them accordingly with the blue it will make the interior feel richer. nice seats i like the 85-86 style gl-10 seats

my car has brown interior, i am using door panels like in your car with brown tops and handle, brown pocket on the door. the brown carries over to select other pieces to tie it all in. blue interior and brown carpet, blue console with brown shifter boot and parking brake lever, brown lower trim under the dashboard

Check out www.subarubrat.com and see the bumper this guy made for his Brat.

the brat has a completely different body from the wagon of that year - not compatible, but could use it as a guide

there are two types of bumpers on the EA82 wagon - the old type is trash and there for show - I think it is on 86 and earlier cars - the newer one is much sturdier

you can tell by looking at your front turn signals - if they are recessed then it is newer type, if they sit right on the front of the bumper, it is the older type

given what I can see in one of your pictures, I think you have the older type bumper - you at least have the older-type marker lights (whole side yellow)

my dad's friend welded half a pipe to the front of his subaru brat... and it looks pretty cool too. I'm not sure how he did it but you should try that out. and yeah, the newer bumpers are very strong. I rear-ended a Dodge truck in the school parking lot while trying to make sure nobody was going to try to cut me off and wasn't paying attention and hit him pretty damn hard. I backed up and he must have figured that if it didn't damage the front of my car, it didn't do anything to his. He had a large black groove in his back bumper and he was pretty ticked the next day. He couldn't really say anything cuz he had expired tags, so I told him not to worry about it, trucks are supposed to get dents.

• 1 year later...
yea i had hit a camry in my school parking lot while trying to leave one day. That was after i had hit my friends car. Lucky for me though, he did'nt care i rearended him since he's the school pot dealer and carries a good half in his car at all times.

Too much info, Dude. Your friend probally wouldn't like it!:eek: