Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Weber 32/36 question I need answered PLEASE !

I have a Weber 32/36 with the return line deaded.And that it should be returned, but to WHERE ? I have read through umpteen posts and am yet to find an answer to were this fuel return line should go. Can someone supply a pic/a link/ or something to make me understand where this return line should go !

I asked my local SunSpares Subaru repairer and have heard people talk of using the Hitachi return that just screws in, I have 2 Hitachi's here and don't know what their talking about ???

I AM LOST :banghead:

On the Hitachi, the nipples for the fuel lines may be screwed onto the carb. This may also be true of your Weber, in which case you could just unscrew the stopper and screw on the return nipple. I say that they MAY be screw in because I did this a long time ago to my friend's car and his Weber had a press-fit stopper. After much deliberation, we decided to just replace the choke of his DGV with one that had two nipples already.

this is fuel inlet on the US Hitachi carbs....

hitachi-fuel.JPG

it will screw right into where the Weber fuel inlet is.....

in ea81 vehicles, the mail fuel line that comes out of the vapor seperator goes into the main inlet of course.

the return line ties back into the metal Y that also connects to the top of the vapor seperator.

the third or vent line for the fuel tank is hooked up to the charcoal canister in it's stock configuration. if you get rid of that, it just needs to remain an open ended hose to let air into the tank as you use up the fuel....

I think the problem is that I'm in Australia and I have the Hitachi fuel in line but no feul out (as in your diagram)on two Hitachi carbs. Its an EA81 , no charcoal cannister ? Must of been removed ? Still stumped !

Bro

You can make an inline fuel return by going to a gas refiller e.g. BOC and buy a t peice, two 5/16 barbs and the smallest barb they have. Solder the end of the small one shut and drill it out with a 1mm hole. And youll need some hose camps aswell. I can take a photo if you need it just send me your email addy.

Bro

You can make an inline fuel return by going to a gas refiller e.g. BOC and buy a t peice, two 5/16 barbs and the smallest barb they have. Solder the end of the small one shut and drill it out with a 1mm hole. And youll need some hose camps aswell. I can take a photo if you need it just send me your email addy.

I thought the Weber had the T piece ? Please send me the pic

quombone@hotmail.com :) Thanks