Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Some low-life busted my window

Don't know why, they didn't steal anything. I had a bunch of craftsman tools, maglight and a nice head-unit all there for the taking. So I guess it could have been worse. Anyway, what years will the passenger side front door glass interchange with a '86 GL wagon? Will Loyale glass fit? I've got manual windows. Can I use glass from a car with electric windows? Anybody got one for sale they'd like to ship?

sorry for the loss, I had the same thing happen about 3 years ago, someone busted the window, didnt steal anything, and took off the park brake and pushed her onto some small boulders, just to be a wongleflute I guess. Its unfortunate people are like that. Funny enough it was my 86 GL wagon too, I have power windows though, i think i used the window from an 88 GL 4WD parts car and she worked fine.

manual and electric windows are different. They have different rails. You will need to find a manual rollup donor car.

Call you insurance company and tell them that a rock flew up off someones tires in traffic and your insurance company should cover the replacement after you pay a deductable... prolly 50 bucks.

Then you get new glass, not scratched used glass

Got an '86 Sedan here I'm parting out. Have to see if it has crank-up windows in it. (don't recall at the moment). I'll post back here later with results of look-see.

Have had low-lifes do that to me in the past, really burns my @$$!!!!

aany ea82 front window glass is the same between wagon and sedan, 85-94.

manual glass will fit on power rail and vice versa

the only difference is the back door windows, the wagon has a different profile than the sedan

i got a fiew pieces of glass myself, which side do you need? i may be rolling out to wisconsion i could leave the window for you wherever you will be.

let me know what side you need and if you are interested, my email is milesfox@yahoo.com

Call you insurance company and tell them that a rock flew up off someones tires in traffic and your insurance company should cover the replacement after you pay a deductable... prolly 50 bucks.

Then you get new glass, not scratched used glass

Thanks for the info and idea. Too bad I only have liability insurance and a 500$ deductible.

Tom, sounds good please let me know. Since they didn't steal my tools I wouldn't say my a$$ is burnt, but it's definately chaped.

When changing out the window is it easier to replace just the glass or do I need to replace the whole rail system as well. Will the glass even seperate from the rails? Thanks.

I've heard of people busting out a window so they can come back later and take your stuff more quietly. You might consider locking the stuff in your car up. Hopefully somebody closer to you can fix you up with new glass. Getting your car messed up, especially for no apparent reason, is a bad thing.

- James B

sorry for the loss, I had the same thing happen about 3 years ago, someone busted the window, didnt steal anything, and took off the park brake and pushed her onto some small boulders, just to be a wongleflute I guess. Its unfortunate people are like that. Funny enough it was my 86 GL wagon too, .

ok this is weird,about 5 yrs bk someone busted the back window in my 86 gl wagon,near the cargo area,then a couple days later my other 86 wagon got it in on the bk door.i was starting to think that it may have been my ex :-\ or her new boyfriend.:mad:

an both times nothing was taken.

Don't know why, they didn't steal anything. I had a bunch of craftsman tools, maglight and a nice head-unit all there for the taking. So I guess it could have been worse. Anyway, what years will the passenger side front door glass interchange with a '86 GL wagon? Will Loyale glass fit? I've got manual windows. Can I use glass from a car with electric windows? Anybody got one for sale they'd like to ship?
i don't have any now but i know the windows will interchange between loyale and dl/gl cars. i had a loyale sedan. someone broke the front passenger window and i repalced it with one from a gl wagon. don't remember if it was manual tho.

BTW, tempered glass has an annoying habit of self-destructing, usually during a temperature fluctuation. Sometimes a small chip or scratch will be the stress riser. Sometimes it seems like bad kharma, sometimes it just seems like FM... My brother had TWO windows break virtually simultaneously while driving down the road.

Unless you found a rock, brick, or whatever, it might have just been bad luck and not vandalism. Me, if I broke the window I would have grabbed some of the tools...

i was listening to paul harvey on the AM radio and they siad there is a prakn in the UK where people will bust out a window to parked cars on hills and release the handbrake to watch the carnage

someone did this to my car, i went out to go to work and found my car a block down the road up against a curb. left the door unlocked, no broken window, in fact, its the same sedan tomrhere has right now

anyway email me an addressand i'll pull it up on the mapquest on my way to milwaukee