Ultimate Subaru Message Board

I bought a Turbo Legacy (or two)

Lookie what I got, not one, but two, I'm quite happy. :)

LegacySS.jpg

The white one is a '92, 126,000 miles with a bad 4EAT (slips in 3 & 4), is pretty clean and I found a good deal on a trans for it.

The Red one is a '91 5MT, 186,000 miles and needs a new clutch, its a little rough looking but its slated to be a swap donor for my RX.

Both seem to run pretty well and drive smooth, I have gotten to really see what they can do because of the tranny problems, but soon enough. :)

Does having two Turbo Legacys make me greedy?... screw it I dont care if it does. :-p

happy, happy... joy, joy, joy

Gary

Lookie what I got, not one, but two, I'm quite happy. :)

LegacySS.jpg

The white one is a '92, 126,000 miles with a bad 4EAT (slips in 3 & 4), is pretty clean and I found a good deal on a trans for it.

The Red one is a '91 5MT, 186,000 miles and needs a new clutch, its a little rough looking but its slated to be a swap donor for my RX.

Both seem to run pretty well and drive smooth, I have gotten to really see what they can do because of the tranny problems, but soon enough. :)

Does having two Turbo Legacys make me greedy?... screw it I dont care if it does. :-p

happy, happy... joy, joy, joy

Gary

You beeotch. :banghead:

Great score tho! :headbang:

I have one identical to the white one, '92, white, 4eat slips in 3rd and 4th!If you part the red one, I need the power antenna and a couple other non-swap items, especially interior stuff, maybe all of it. I do have some RX stuff to trade if you need parts for that.

You beeotch. :banghead:

Look at me... I'm a beeotch :banana:

You guys are making me feel bad about the swap idea, but I really want a EJ22T RX, in fact I wanna swap the whole drivetrain with complete suspension, sub-frames and all.

XSNRG, the antenna on the '91 is toast and the interior is kinda rough and dirty, but I'll let you know if I go ahead with the part-out.

Knee deep in turbos

Gary

Look at me... I'm a beeotch :banana:

You guys are making me feel bad about the swap idea, but I really want a EJ22T RX, in fact I wanna swap the whole drivetrain with complete suspension, sub-frames and all.

XSNRG, the antenna on the '91 is toast and the interior is kinda rough and dirty, but I'll let you know if I go ahead with the part-out.

Knee deep in turbos

Gary

i can get a complete swap for $600. complete engine...all wiring...ECU...

i can get a complete swap for $600. complete engine...all wiring...ECU...

Thats pretty good deal, but I want all the mechanicals: engine, ECU/wiring, 5MT, VLSD, suspension, subframes, brakes, struts, wheels... pretty much everything but the sheet metal, glass and plastic. I figure all that will cost me $1500 or so... which is more than I paid for the '91.

Gary