Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Thats THREE in a row! :mad:

Saturday, April 9th...EARLY AM...RX pukes coolant out the exhaust...later deemed b0rk3d and left in Atlanta....true cause still unknown, suspected head cracked horribly for unknown reasons. Later fixed and now it runs perfectly again.

Saturday, April 16th, ~5pm....RX 1-3 side cam pully bolts back out, allowing the cam pully to fly off and the timing belt is gone. Later fixed and now it runs perfectly again.

Saturday, April 23rd, 1:20 PM....RX pukes the 2-4 side timing belt in the middle of traffic turning into the apartment complex. (I must have set a new record in timing belt replacement, as its 2:02 as it type this...) Fixed about 10 mins ago and it ran perfect all 400 feet to its parking spot beside the Outback.

So...I wonder what is going to happen NEXT satuday to the car...?

Yeah, these cars are like that...

Abotu two years ago I broke my AT tranny and after about six months finding parts and what I needed, my 6 was back on the road, now with a 5-speed... later that week, the heads cracked.:banghead: Damn car... I probably got to drive it about two months out of that entire year. But now its to the point where it doesnt break so much as most stuff is pretty new..:rolleyes:

Hummm how bout: 1 Suby breaks, 'nother 2 follow within the week! I don't get it. It seems when I'm working on one roo, the others get jelous and want attention too. Never happends when the Fords break. When one of those breaks, the Subies behave very nicely. Do I see a conspiricy goin on around here????:confused:

now that i can actually type instead of cut/paste one maybe two letters at a time:banghead: .

man, that really sucks to hear. i've been having some major issues lately too, had to replace the dizzy(again), lost a coolant hose, need to replace the carb, and i have been driving without brakes for a couple weeks(ever since the motorhead concert), but i just got those fixed friday:headbang: and boy is it nice to be able to stop. now my alternator has started whining. grrrr...

good luck with the rx and hopefully no more probs come your way

-mike

I tell you what, them Ford trucks are HARD to break! My Dad has overloaded his Ford trucks countless times and they just keep on running! I don't get it.

not my expirence. the F150 are pretty stout, but move on to the 250 on up nope.

I have broke 4+ f350 when i drove them. the new 6.0 engines have soooooooo many problems. you would be shoucked how many got bought back.

1 the brakes went out on (198k miles)

1 it shifted to drive I WAS OUT OF THE TRUCK

1 wouldnt idle after i drove it I think it was just the fuel filter though.

1 f250 gas the tranny went out on (getrag)

this is all within 6 months too.