Ultimate Subaru Message Board

that little circuit controlls your fuel pump - it's kinda important - Mitsubishi does not just make cars, but electronics too, so they designed/manufactured parts of the car

I've got an extra one of those!

Trade you for a 429547014 :D

(controls the pump for the carter webber carb)

Glenn

82 SubaruHummer--needs a backup 429547014

01 Forester

I pulled this part for someone. Just was confused. Why would a car company buy parts from a Company that makes electronics...and happens to make cars that are on the same compitetion level.

... Just was confused. Why would a car company buy parts from a Company that makes electronics...and happens to make cars that are on the same compitetion level.

You would have to understand the relationships and politics of the Japanese industrial families/conglomerates to understand this. They do not operate like US auto makers. About the best analogy that I can come up with is NASCAR car owners: Highly competitive, but also highly cooperative.

Mitsu also makes the XT6 alternators.

Friend of mine had a Mitsubishi TV, and another acquaintance had a Daewoo monitor. Amazing how those companies branch out.

Mitsu also makes practically all the internals for all the automatic transmissions out there, just different style cases. (At least for the Japanese cars). Wouldn't be surprised at how many are running around in US cars either, not counting the rebadged stuff like Dodge Neons, etc.

Emily

http://www.ccrengines.com

and what's with yamaha? they make everything from motorcycles to tractors to electric guitars and all sorts of other electronics...

Hmm.. I think we'll just have to live with this mad world.

I have seen LOTS of different parts on different subaru's with a "MITSUBA" tag and then the Fuji tag is on there too. Go figure.