Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Help! Removing Icthus (Fish Symbol) from my car?

Well. I think if you're going to give this a try your best bet would be a chimpanzee. I believe these are the closest mammal to our genetic code. As far as evolution goes.. I think you just need to open your eyes. Look in a history book. Look how much we've evolved in the last 100 years. True, it may not be an apparent PHYSICAL evolution.. But, how many of you are taller than both of your parents..?(I am.) And, wouldn't you consider human beings getting more intelligent and more advanced a form of evolution? Also, another thing to consider... Where did all the species on earth come from if not from Evolution? They haven't always been here... and where did all the species go that we find remains of?? Granted we haven't found a "missing link" .. All I have to say about that is go do some research on *Critical Mass* or try to find a copy of "The Hundredth Monkey" ... I suggest doing research in stuff before you shun it. Just my $0.02. I dunno.. this might be worth $0.04...:brow: Thanks for reading.

For the record....I did research it. In fact, I believed it because it was fed to me in my public and college education. I bought into it hook line and sinker and made A's on the subject during a course in college.

But later on I was presented non-biased evidence and then felt extremely stupid.

I fell victim to the same thing that most of the masses fall to. If you put it in a book and call it Science...then it must be true.

I suggest you look up the topic of Cause and Effect. It is the basic logical principal of Science. Every thing that exists is an effect that had a cause. So ultimately the question is what started the ball rolling.

In respect to the chimpanzee. OK...I will change my question...why can't a man (or woman) mate with a chimpanzee.

I know quite a few folks who are shorter than thier parents. But regardless, even if we are getting taller that does not prove evolution. That might be another proof for natural selection...but not for evolution.

As far as the question of where all the species came from...there is only 1 logical way to answer that question....they were created

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe genetically speaking we are all very close to pigs too!

...and getting closer all the time :lol::lol:

Oh, ya...

GAS will work just fine to get the sticky stuff off the car/emblem too! :brow:

I fell victim to the same thing that most of the masses fall to. If you put it in a book and call it Science...then it must be true.

Isn't your argument based on the same flaw then? Someone put it in a book and called it religion.... then it must be true.

Isn't your argument based on the same flaw then? Someone put it in a book and called it religion.... then it must be true.

Well said.

I did the floss thing last night and wow! I have wanted that stupid Galles and Davis plastic piece of crap off my car since I bought it. I'm kinda lazy so I might try a grinder to get the glue off but I'm getting a little off topic here.

How can a person possibly believe in a science that has been built upon by hundreds of thousands peer revieved papers from all over the world written by people from all religions, working in all the science branches. I mean come on its just got to be one big conspiracy. Call Oliver Stone! We got a movie here.

For the record....I did research it. In fact, I believed it because it was fed to me in my public and college education. I bought into it hook line and sinker and made A's on the subject during a course in college.

But later on I was presented non-biased evidence and then felt extremely stupid.

I suggest you look up the topic of Cause and Effect. It is the basic logical principal of Science. Every thing that exists is an effect that had a cause. So ultimately the question is what started the ball rolling.

In respect to the chimpanzee. OK...I will change my question...why can't a man (or woman) mate with a chimpanzee.

I know quite a few folks who are shorter than thier parents. But regardless, even if we are getting taller that does not prove evolution. That might be another proof for natural selection...but not for evolution.

As far as the question of where all the species came from...there is only 1 logical way to answer that question....they were created

I think the point Eli was trying to make really was that God didn't go and create existence. I grew up in a very Christian and Catholic family and i don't buy into the whole everybody came from the same two damn people (Adam and Eve) and the Bible proves nothing but fables. I know i said it's stupid to be arguing this and you know what, it really is. All I see is people offending people and who cares who is right or wrong, for all we know you BOTH could be wrong, and college study does not make you superior or smarter on facts of life no matter how much studying you did on the subject ( not saying you feel that way), you don't need to go to college to read books. I will agree with you on the fact that things were just created and leave it at that. No matter what, people will believe in evolution, or God created everything, or they just don't believe in anything and they have the right to believe in whatever they want, no matter how irritating it might be to you or anyone else because obviously everyone feels that what THEY believe in is right and it's just going to be a continued never-to-be solved argument.

Just a note, Eli wasn't meaning to attack anyone with his respond, i'm sorry if you took it that way.

~*~jess~*~

Where have I said anything about religion ?

I think the point Eli was trying to make really was that God didn't go and create existence. I grew up in a very Christian and Catholic family and i don't buy into the whole everybody came from the same two damn people (Adam and Eve) and the Bible proves nothing but fables. I know i said it's stupid to be arguing this and you know what, it really is. All I see is people offending people and who cares who is right or wrong, for all we know you BOTH could be wrong, and college study does not make you superior or smarter on facts of life no matter how much studying you did on the subject ( not saying you feel that way), you don't need to go to college to read books. I will agree with you on the fact that things were just created and leave it at that. No matter what, people will believe in evolution, or God created everything, or they just don't believe in anything and they have the right to believe in whatever they want, no matter how irritating it might be to you or anyone else because obviously everyone feels that what THEY believe in is right and it's just going to be a continued never-to-be solved argument.

Just a note, Eli wasn't meaning to attack anyone with his respond, i'm sorry if you took it that way.

~*~jess~*~

I didn't. I just enjoy these types of debates...and I'm sitting at work bored.

Sorry if I came of cross. That was not my intent.

~*~jess~*~

I did not take Eli's response as an attack. Sorry if I came of as cross. I'm not cross....I simply enjoy debating this topic....and I am sitting at work bored today. :)

I'll chime in here with a third, and possably unifying) theory: Both are correct. We are each created by [insert diety here] using the genetic material provided by our parents. the parents bring the ingredients to the "table" and [diety} picks from them and mixes them together. Each of us has a body that is perfect for our needs in this lifetime. Of course [Dietys] definition of "perfect" may differ from mans a bit. . .

I did not have any plastic emblems on Emily (my Subie) when I got her, but some of those metalic stickers are a pain to get off. And after going to all the trouble to get them off, I went and replaced the door. . .(liftgate and three of the four doors, actually). The original owner had no use for bodywork. . .

Well said.

I did the floss thing last night and wow! I have wanted that stupid Galles and Davis plastic piece of crap off my car since I bought it. I'm kinda lazy so I might try a grinder to get the glue off but I'm getting a little off topic here.

How can a person possibly believe in a science that has been built upon by hundreds of thousands peer revieved papers from all over the world written by people from all religions, working in all the science branches. I mean come on its just got to be one big conspiracy. Call Oliver Stone! We got a movie here.

There are thousands of scientists who do not believe in the theory and hundreds of thousands of papers that speak against it.

Just because it is the organize religion of Europe and the organized religion of the educational system in the U.S. does not make it true.

It will be a dead theory in my lifetime.

I didn't. I just enjoy these types of debates...and I'm sitting at work bored.

Sorry if I came of cross. That was not my intent.

You would get along well with my sister then! I didn't mean to come off as cross, either, i hope you didn't take it that way, either. And I am sorry if i may have said anything to offend anyone. i just get sick of arguments about this thing, my family has done it my whole life eventually you just want something new:-p

~*~jess~*~

You would get along well with my sister then! I didn't mean to come off as cross, either, i hope you didn't take it that way, either. And I am sorry if i may have said anything to offend anyone. i just get sick of arguments about this thing, my family has done it my whole life eventually you just want something new:-p

~*~jess~*~

Don't be to hard on your family.

If death were not inevitable then these topics would be a lot less weighty. :)

Don't be to hard on your family.

If death were not inevitable then these topics would be a lot less weighty. :)

yes I know that, you are right. but i'm not too hard on them, they're great people, i'm just saying that one family event without fighting about what church to go to would be nice and us all to just enjoy eachother being there together that's all that should matter. i mean really, 20 years of the same argument for me just gets old......and wow did i really just get sucked into this topic? i feel like such a hypocrite, sheesh:rolleyes:

There are thousands of scientists who do not believe in the theory and hundreds of thousands of papers that speak against it.

Just because it is the organize religion of Europe and the organized religion of the educational system in the U.S. does not make it true.

It will be a dead theory in my lifetime.

This argument gets used over and over and it's still is good for a few laughs. You ever been to a museum of natural history. Oh wait its all rubish. Fossils are merely intelligently designed rocks.

I guess it really doesn't matter where we came from or where were going. I just hope Hell really is a baren desert and gas is cheap:banana: .

I live in a baren desert and I've heard just about everyone call it Hell, but the gas sure isn't cheap *sigh*:-\

We should compare barren deserts sometime. Mine has cool mountains and awesome arryos. There are plenty of hills I can't get to the top of and many that I can. There is too much fun stuff for my subie to even care about $4/gallon. What's your elevation? I'm pretty low for this state at 4800.

This argument gets used over and over and it's still is good for a few laughs. You ever been to a museum of natural history. Oh wait its all rubish. Fossils are merely intelligently designed rocks.

I guess it really doesn't matter where we came from or where were going. I just hope Hell really is a baren desert and gas is cheap:banana: .

I don't get your point. But I love history and I love museums even more.

We should compare barren deserts sometime. Mine has cool mountains and awesome arryos. There are plenty of hills I can't get to the top of and many that I can. There is too much fun stuff for my subie to even care about $4/gallon. What's your elevation? I'm pretty low for this state at 4800.

Hmm..I have never been to NM, Eli has though. We have a few mountains down here, up north is freezing and foresty and snowy. i think Tucson's elevation is somewhere around or between 2400-2548, we're pretty low, actually tucson is like a big wash and we get flooded all the time, especially during the monsoons, but that's the BEST time of year EVER!!

~*~jessica~*~