Ultimate Subaru Message Board

It's alive! Pics of 80 DL hatch. 56k warning!

it said i'm forbidden,don't have permission

:(

Pics fixed - I linked directly - warning - they are huge!

The new frontal shots ( with the terrorist hunting permit ) show the positive camber that I was talking about in a previous post.

looks real good.it was definatly worth putting the motor in.is that color changing paint?

jon

Yeah .... I don't know what the previous owner thought he was driving.....

I'm going to coat in either flat black or olive drab once I get my other car next weekend. I have to fix some holes in the floors too. Went trudging through a mud puddle today right after the pictures and water came up through. The puddle was hell of a lot deeper than I thought. The water was almost clean up to the air cleaner. I backed out of that as fast as I could. :)

ok some way the large pics resized.

looks cool,liked the paint job.is that a type of color shifting paint?

also-i gotta get one of those hunting permits :brow:

i'm noticing that even though i own a legacy,i still find the older subies really

cool looking.:headbang:

Yeah. I really like what the guys over at Hatch Patrol do with their cars. Too bad I'm probably one of the only hatches left in running condition on the east coast. Don't see too many of them around here that haven't completely rusted to bits.

speaking of water up to the air cleaner, i was doing the same thing yesterday with the old brat.water started coming into the cab, steam was pouring out of it, but it chugged right through that pond-like puddle.my uncle was behind me in his polaris ranger, and the fricken thing stalled.not thinking, he went to start it again, and siezed the engine.man was he sick.subies rock:headbang:

are you gonna get a lift on that thang?

check allied arnament`s post for a nice looking lift for $500.

holy crap those are some narrow wheels and tyres

what size are you running. you should get in the group wheel buy!

Stock 13 steelies.

155 80 r13 Douglas X-Track tires.

For the light offroading that I do, these suit me fine. At least until I get a lift kit.

It's got a b & m shifter too. That and the gauge are going. Like I said before, I think the guy who had it thought he had a 60hp race car.

There is no way to touch up that paint ... so It's gotta go.

The car is close to the eastern panhandle in WV. Mineral County.

It came from Winchester VA, then my neighbor bought it and I traded him an old minibike for it. It had a dead cylinder when I got it. We got a JDM motor off of ebay for it and my GF's brother installed it for me over a few hours last weekend.

Car only has 52 thousand on the clock , but has some rust in the floorboards from sitting as long as it did. If anyone has carfax. let me know. I'd like to see where this car is from ..

WOW dont repaint it!! that is the best paint i have seen on a subaru, as far as color changing paint!! the only reason i never painted any of mine that color, was the paint is soooooooooooooooooooo expensive!!!! thats the most costly paint there is i belive!

good job on fixin it! hope you have fun!

Yeah, man! That Chromallusion paint is like $500 a pint. Silly expensive. You have a paint job on that car that probably cost five times what the car is worth. Keep it...it's tremendously unique on a hatch! If there's rust on the bottom, just do it up two-tone! Flat black from the rub strip down would be cool...

I want to eventually get a lift kit and a safari rack. Would also like to get a brush guard for the front. The biggest thing right now is taking car of the floors. Can't have sandy mud water comming up through the floors all the time :-). Would like to swap in a dual range if I can find one, as I still have the bell housing that came on the JDM motor with the. I'll have to find what all it entails in swapping it out.

Too bad I'm probably one of the only hatches left in running condition on the east coast. Don't see too many of them around here that haven't completely rusted to bits.

I hear that.

Mine is technically not running as it is unregistered and currently sitting in my garage on blocks waiting for much needed rust repair.

I've only seen 3 running hatches up here in NY/VT in the past 5 years and all but one of those have since disapeared off of my radar...

Yours looks cherry to my eyes, let us know how the floor repair goes, I've got a lot of that to do myself.

Good Luck!