Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Mystery Parts.....what are they??

I have been looking in my FSM for what #2 is and I am not really coming up with much just possibly the Control Valve assembly????? Shame is I have sitting here on the kitchen floor a complete intake from an EA81 with that part on it..(Sorry Hocrest..shipping it out tomorrow!!))

Thanks again for looking.....I will definitely upload a better, clearer picture of #2....

One thing I do know about it, is that it has an L shaped rod coming out of it. When the car is off, I can push the rod in; when on, I can't push it at all (at least without breaking it). And it's located just left (that's passenger side left) of the carb.

Cheers.........

Thanks again for looking.....I will definitely upload a better, clearer picture of #2....

One thing I do know about it, is that it has an L shaped rod coming out of it. When the car is off, I can push the rod in; when on, I can't push it at all (at least without breaking it). And it's located just left (that's passenger side left) of the carb.

Cheers.........

Pull the air cleaner off and move some crap out of the way to see it more clearly.

Wild guess here.... choke for the carb?

If your right, I'll admit my idoicy............though I learn something every day on the message board......hail USMB!

thanks..........but I will upload the picture just in case.......I don't believe its functioning correctly

So what is the purpose of the Purge Solenoid.......seems like an inconsequential expensive piece of garbage ...........

The Purge Solenoid is for evaporative emissions. The evap emissions system pulls the fuel vapors from the fuel tank an recycles them through the engine to be burned. Don't want those nasty fuel vapors getting into the air.:rolleyes:

So, yes............

seems like an inconsequential expensive piece of garbage ...........