Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Will a Legacy radiator fit in a 86 DL?

Has anyone tried this? My DL (ea82) is overheating on the freeway so it needs a radiator bad. I have a spare Legacy radiator sitting in the shed. Looks like it would fit. The Legacy radiator has no hole for the fan switch though. Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Odd, my '91 Legacy's rad would never have fit into my '86 wagon....well it might fit, but the mounting holes wouldn't match up.

Has anyone tried this? My DL (ea82) is overheating on the freeway so it needs a radiator bad. I have a spare Legacy radiator sitting in the shed. Looks like it would fit. The Legacy radiator has no hole for the fan switch though. Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Hummm gonna hafto check that out. Unfortunatly, I'm not goning to be able to put it in before WCSS. So, I'll hafto see how she does. That nevada desert is a killer on cooling systems. Thanks!

What route are you taking? What day are you leaving? There is a few of us leaving from Reno Thursday morning.

What route are you taking? What day are you leaving? There is a few of us leaving from Reno Thursday morning.

Will be taking off tues morning. I will be zipping through reno, up 395 and stopping in Lakeview,OR late wed night. Although, with Suby being stubborn, I wonder if it would be wise to join up with your caravan.

In fact, she died on me today. Started as a wandering idle, then no charge, then stumbling and dead battery.:banghead: DRAT, now what??!? Almost am wondering if Suby doesn't want to goto WCSS. SUBY WHAT'S WHRONG WITH YOU!?!?!?!?

ok, done venting.

Oh no that’s not good. Make sure you bring plenty of coolant with ya. The weather men are predicting 103 here in Reno!!!! ARGH! That’s a little bit hotter then we are used to. There will only be two of us leaving Thursday morning NVZENO and I. Jibs is leaving from sac with thesubarujunkie for some reason. So you are welcome to join us.

Oh no that’s not good. Make sure you bring plenty of coolant with ya. The weather men are predicting 103 here in Reno!!!! ARGH! That’s a little bit hotter then we are used to. There will only be two of us leaving Thursday morning NVZENO and I. Jibs is leaving from sac with thesubarujunkie for some reason. So you are welcome to join us.

Justa fried fuse. Whew! I lost the fuse between the Alt and Batt. Wouldn'tev thought that a non charging situation would cause my fuel injection to go haywire. Oh twell. At least she's happy again.

Yes, we deffinately will bring lotso coolant!

Sure we'll join ya! Where will we meet you?