Ultimate Subaru Message Board

what's up w/ him?

Good job getting it into the garage, out of sight.. out of mind.

As far as guns go... I agree with Miles... if you show your hand, you have to be prepared to follow through... and be a whole lot quicker. Show a gun just to threaten? Bad in most cases... the evil one will end up with it and use it on you... really bad.

Sir, I find your comment about "showing your gun" to criminals quite revealing about you lack of training. I too am liscenced to carry. I train annualy, costs me around a hundred bucks. I keep up on current law regarding lawful use of lethal force in my state. I suggest you do the same. I have NEVER drawn my weapon defensively, and hope like hell I never have to. IF I am ever forced to draw my weapon, somebody is likely to die. (could be me, who knows, cause it'll only happen in a life threatening situation) I would NEVER EVER draw my weapon in an attempt to intimidate or scare anyone. I mean no offense to you, only to suggest that perhaps you might become better informed on proper use of lethal tools. MANY states have laws that protect the criminals to point that is rediculous. Laws that pretty much prohibit us from protecting ourselves from the badguys. In states like (or whereever) that it's our job to find out what will land us in prison and what wont. Good luck and take care.

Pyro

My 3 cents worth on the matter....

I carry a gun always. I don't intend on shooting someone, but most criminals wet their pants if you show a gun. Around here almost everyone carries and there is a lot more respect. YOu know you don't come into someones house in the nite or you will get shot.

I don't believe in sensless killing of someone over stuff (it's just stuff), but I also don't think some crook should be allowed to get away with something unlawful.

I had my stuff stolen outta my car as a lot of you know. I let it go even tho I knew who did it. And it turned out ok, got an upgrade.

Guarranteed if someone comes into my house in the nite while my wife and babies are sleeping they will get a load of buckshot no questions asked and thats the way it is. :)

Also, you shoulda told him like 5 grand for the ride and you want cash and he has to goto the bank with you to make sure it's legit then do a title transfer :)

well for me personally i dont bother with guns for either thing, over all if you want something in the car then whatever, but for where i live now you gotta go across 3 acres just to get near them, now if i catch someone on my property while my wife and kids are home they better have a damn good reason for being there.

and as for the home stuff, i was a victim of a home invasion a few years back while my wife and baby were in teh house now let me tell you i rushed that guy quick, he got off a shot but lucky for me it missed me and just got a window but for him being stupid and putting my family in danger he was rewarded with 2 broken wrists and 4 broken ribs.then he went to jail

buddy hopefully nothing comes outta this and it was just someone strung out, and gotta love the mouse in the heater core stuff when it happens, i swear that smell just doesnt go away no matter how long they have been dead!!!!

gotta love the mouse in the heater core stuff when it happens, i swear that smell just doesnt go away no matter how long they have been dead!!!!
well like i said at first, i'm really gonna evict Chuck E Cheese if he moves in to live into my heater core. best eviction notice for good ol' chuck e is a nice box of Decon :lol:

Very much agree!! Also, in my home state of Idaho and some others, if you pull your weapon just to wave it around and try to scare someone, that's called "brandishing" and it's illegal. Keep it stowed until you need it, hopefully it is THE last resort and you'll never need to.

you shouldnt show or pull a gun unless you intend to use it. dont whip one out on someone to scare them. situations like that may get you capped yourself.

garages are good. with the right combination of Just For Men and hair gel, you can make your Golden Retriever look like a meth-crazed wolverine.

yeah i did worry because the guy just kept on insisting. so what we did is that we made space in the garage and parked it next to my mom's minivan. and about the starving rottweiler, thats not gonna happen cuz' i have a Golden Retriever. :grin:

I like the razor blades welded to the stereo idea. you could also put a pull-chain switch on it and hook it up to the horn or something. i'd install a horn in the cabin of the car for that. hope your seats are "Scotchgard"ed!

garages are good. with the right combination of Just For Men and hair gel, you can make your Golden Retriever look like a meth-crazed wolverine.
man and i thought that he looked bad when he was wet. ooo...my poor "puppy" got called a wolverine :lol: . i'll post a pic of my Retriever sometime this week in this thread so you could meet him.

Na, rewire the spark coil to the seat. zzzzzt!:brow:

That reminds me of a story my Dad told me once: He had an old souped up Model A, back in the early 50s, that a neighbors dog had a habit of "relieving" itself on. Dad hooked an extra ignition coil up between the battery and the steel running boards. The next time the dog lifted it leg and whizzed on the running board......YIPE!!!! Dad said that dog would cross the street rather than go near his car after that. He said he thought about leaving it hooked up as an anti-theft device, but was afraid he'd zap a little kid or forget about it himself sometime. Besides, he had to reach through the open window and flip a switch to arm/disarm it and he didn't like leaving the window down all the time.