Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Official Lift Kit Group Buy

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not necessary if you're staying at 4"....but I rub alot, and more lift > fender cutting! So I'll be adjusting my strut extensions back down the extra inch (is this even an option anymore?) and dropping the diff 2".

Yeah I knoticed that when I adjusted the shocks back down in the rear I actually gained more clearance at the lower part of the wheel well buy the back door and rocker panel.

Interstingly it rides smoother now, but my shock sqweek is back :lol:

Notification: For all the EA81 purchases that are completely paid for (Remember only those that are completely paid for). Will receive 50% of their purchase price returned to them. The reason for the delay is because our 150 mm bolts are on back order, otherwise everything else is ready to go.

Also for all of those with an enormous oil pan that sticks out now we will be coming out with a skid plate soon so keep tuned.

Yeah I knoticed that when I adjusted the shocks back down in the rear I actually gained more clearance at the lower part of the wheel well buy the back door and rocker panel.

Interstingly it rides smoother now, but my shock sqweek is back :lol:

Lift finally in last night! 1 hour for the rear and 8 hours for the front! The dang tranny mounts were stubborn to line up, but works great. Excited to get ahold of a skidplate to cover that front end. Thanks James!

-Chris

P.S. sorry for that long ride home

I"M UPSET!!!!!:mad:

First you send the wrong steering linkage and I had to get mine lengthened at a local machine shop! Now when i'm finaly putting up that side I discover two of the three bolted needed to finish are the wrong length!!

12279wrongparts.jpg

Now its another day uncompleted and I'm going to have to spend more money buying parts that should have came with it!:banghead:

come on man! accidents happen, they're shipping out a bunch of lifts in a short amount of time...and he actually dropped a couple of the wrong parts in one of them? woa! relax!

come on man! accidents happen, they're shipping out a bunch of lifts in a short amount of time...and he actually dropped a couple of the wrong parts in one of them? woa! relax!

If it wasn't my only car and if i didnt have to pay $30 extra to have my steering lengthened, i might relax,, bumming rides to work is not cutting it.

If you have any problems you need to call us. We will replace anything that was incorrect or undersized. The bolts that you are pointing to if I am not mistaken are the 120mm bolts, they do have a purpose they go to the tranny mounts that have the rubber grommets. There are three bolts for each side two 100mm and one 120mm. You might want to double check what you have because it is probably correct. As for the Steering Linkage, we could have overnighted you a new one.

If it wasn't my only car and if i didnt have to pay $30 extra to have my steering lengthened, i might relax,, bumming rides to work is not cutting it.

Wow, choosing to lift your only car is kind of risky. You never know what the ride is going to be like after the lift is installed. It'd be a good idea to have something to fall back on just in case. :-\

Just a thought. I'm sure others have no problems with lifted rigs as their daily drivers.

Everyone the 150 mm bolts have arrived the EA 81 kits finally are ready to ship they should be going out over the next couple of days.

Wow, choosing to lift your only car is kind of risky. You never know what the ride is going to be like after the lift is installed. It'd be a good idea to have something to fall back on just in case. :-\

Just a thought. I'm sure others have no problems with lifted rigs as their daily drivers.

If you have any problems you need to call us. We will replace anything that was incorrect or undersized. The bolts that you are pointing to if I am not mistaken are the 120mm bolts, they do have a purpose they go to the tranny mounts that have the rubber grommets. There are three bolts for each side two 100mm and one 120mm. You might want to double check what you have because it is probably correct. As for the Steering Linkage, we could have overnighted you a new one.

The three original bolts that come out of the assembly are all the same length , infact all six of the original bolts are the same length.

Thers is no rubber gromet anywhere on that plate or on the body.

Spent an entire day trying to track down the right bolts no parts store or hardware store localy carries them. Finally ended up having to use spacers

As for the linkage , I called, and Albie said they were back-orderd for a week, I would have to ship my old one and my new one back there to be modifyed.

Might wan't to double check your kits for 86 GL's with 3 speed automatics and manual steering. :)

The three original bolts that come out of the assembly are all the same length , infact all six of the original bolts are the same length.

Thers is no rubber gromet anywhere on that plate or on the body.

Spent an entire day trying to track down the right bolts no parts store or hardware store localy carries them. Finally ended up having to use spacers

As for the linkage , I called, and Albie said they were back-orderd for a week, I would have to ship my old one and my new one back there to be modifyed.

Might wan't to double check your kits for 86 GL's with 3 speed automatics and manual steering. :)

I'd like to agree with shady on this one, but I had a mt so it MIGHT be different. On my car the bolt that was innermost on the tranny mount... the bolt that went through the mounting plate, and the tranny mount was, indeed, longer then the other tow bolts. I would assume that the 3at would still have a rubber mounted tranny crossmember.

Oh thats why the bolt size was wrong. Its an automatic, why didn't you say so in the first place. We will send you the other two bolts please PM me with an address. We have never lifted an automatic GL wagon before. Although we have lifted an Automatic Outback, but that was totally different.

Oh thats why the bolt size was wrong. Its an automatic, why didn't you say so in the first place. We will send you the other two bolts please PM me with an address. We have never lifted an automatic GL wagon before. Although we have lifted an Automatic Outback, but that was totally different.

:rolleyes:YEP Totaly My Fault. I'M a heal . sorry about that, i was thinking that I incuded my vehicle information along with my payment ,, however, Looking over the payment details , I failed to specify eather Manual steering or Automatic transmission.

On my 86 GL with 3AT, the transmission crossmember is further back ( closer to the first U joint) and not at the same location as the manual tranny. the plate to be lifted in my case only suports the connecting rod or tension rod not sure what you call it.

To qoute Gilda Radners' chariter " Emily Litella " when made aware she was completely wrong.........

"Nevermind"

GiRa-Emily%20Litella.jpg