Ultimate Subaru Message Board

FINALLY- the photos youve all been nagging for

gunslinger

well folks. heres some much nagged for photos of the battle wagon. heres a quick run through.....

-youll see the snorkel that i was talking about that i made out of factory SPFI intake tubes and abs, among other various intake tubes in the inner fender. coffee can in the roof rack keeps the rain out. ill do a write up on it when i get some more time.

-a quick shot of the interior, blue 91 loyal wheel and dash B.S. and all. the wagon's an 86 so i threw in the newer dash stuff cause i like the controls better along with the newer style steering wheel ( you cant just throw in the newer wheel for those that were wondering. you have to modify the horn actuator/spinning contact thingy). with all that i added PS and CC too. you can see the cobra remote body CB mounted to the dash with a big mouth speaker. probably the best CB you can get. really small and doesnt get in your way. slick!! the alpine CD player in the middle does really well blasting out the stock speaks. above the player is the row of ACC. switches for all the lights, dual batteries, horn and elec fan (i like to shut it off in water crossings so i hooked it up to a switch)

-hood lights with brush racks, seen MANY a trees and small children

-the rear bumper and side cladding. swervy calls it tank armor. it actually works really well with jumping cause it adds weight and keeps the car flat in the air. underneith the back of the car all the pinch welds and hangy-down-thingys have all been torched off so nothing hangs up. 10 gauge plate is welded on the bottom for sliding

-93 legacy seats

-roof rack lights tucked under the rack so no monkeys hang on them.

-AND THE LIFT. IM BUILDING A CUSTOM 6" LIFT FROM SCRATCH. ILL DO A WRITE UP ON IT WHEN IM DONE BUT ILL TELL YOU WHAT. REAR'S SO STRONG THE CAR WILL FALL APART/RUST APART BEFORE THE LIFT BREAKS. im going to do a write up when the front is finished. let me just say, everything is overbuilt and ive got custom struts that i frankensteined out of pullapart cars. the struts give the car another 2 or 3" of lift. 10" travel bilstein shocks sit along side the struts. i might put bilstein coilovers in to replace the struts and shocks setup when i get back. f-n ridiculous!!! more on it all when the project is actually finished. so far the back has about 8-9 inches of free travel. THE ROOF AT THE REAR TIRE SITS AT 59". BI***IN!!!:grin:

-drivers fender shows all the sponsers kind enough to supply me with free shiznat. high roller you know.

anyway, thats what i drive in the mud. hope you like the pics. ill be doing a write up of a couple trips weve done with some pics and some airtime photos. get back at ya when i get back from workin on the gulf coast. dont know how long, you'll all know as soon as i do.

post-9458-136027603382_thumb.jpg

post-9458-136027603386_thumb.jpg

post-9458-136027603389_thumb.jpg

post-9458-136027603393_thumb.jpg

post-9458-136027603397_thumb.jpg