Ultimate Subaru Message Board

whats the most you have pulled with your suby? can you beat me?

pulled the twag with the hatch in 4 lo a mile and half to the shop. lost one of the spare tires do to the fact that i forgot to tighten the lug nuts down, and one of the front rim was rubing one the brake calibers. it was was exciting to say the least.

Well, i dont know if this beats it, but one day while helping a friend feed cattle. the tracker didnt start. so we found a 5X7 sheet of plywood, layed on the ground, attached a rop, and buried it in about 25 bails of hay. hooked onto it with my 93 suby wagon and it took a while to get going being automatic, but after a couple running starts, we drug it about 5 miles in the mud. only comes out to be about 1250 pounds, but its a sled. transmission has never worked quite right since, has some hesitation.

I pulled an F150 crew cab out of the ditch on Saturday night. It wouldn't go into 4WD (Ford is 4 letter word as far as I am concerned, just like Chev!), so a tow strap between his hitch and mine, and away we went. It took 2 tries, but it come out fairly slickly once we figured out how to co-ordinate our pulls to get it rocking. Only a slight smell of burining clutch from my poor little beast.