Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Does the 2004 Outback Wagon have vdc?

I have the H 8 which is the 3 L engine (6 cylinder). So is this the VDC and I don't need to put in the fuse if using the donut? Is that correct?

I believe that VDC is only available with the H-6, if you got the 2.5 you don't have VDC

the 6 cylinder has vdc. go by what the owners manual says. From what I understand the VDC has a series of protcols it goes through to get the car unstuck. First it manipulates the AWD, then the throttle, then the ABS applies the brakes to the slipping wheel to get the power to the non slipping wheel.

From that scneario i would imagine that you would need a fuse for the donut, but check the manual.

nipper

I have the H 8 which is the 3 L engine (6 cylinder). So is this the VDC and I don't need to put in the fuse if using the donut? Is that correct?

You don't have the H8, say it fast for obvious reasons it wouldn't be a good marketing idea. you have the H6, but at least you didn't call it a V-6

I dunno about fuses and donut's though

Thanks for all of your help. I have the LL Bean so it looks as if I need to use the fuse if I use the donut. Thanks again.

There are two models with the H6. One is the LL Bean and the other is the VDC. The LL Bean does not have the VDC drive.

Yes, I realized that after I sent the thread. This old granny just isn't with it. It is a wonder I found this site. Yes, I have the H6. Believe some kind soul solve my problem for me. There is LL Bean and then the vdc.

You don't have the H8, say it fast for obvious reasons it wouldn't be a good marketing idea. you have the H6, but at least you didn't call it a V-6

I dunno about fuses and donut's though

Not to further confuse the issue, but, I had a 2004 3.0H6 35th anniv. edition that was not a LL Bean and did not have vdc and required the fuse.I now have a 2006 3.0R that does not have vdc and does not require the fuse. Doesn't even mention it in the manual and does not have a fuse holder for the FWD slot like the 2004.