Ultimate Subaru Message Board

quad bulbs on GL suck. Replacments?

Did the lenses yellow, or are the bulbs dim? On the older cars, the wiring alone may cause enough of a voltage drop to cause the bulbs to be dim. If you change bulbs and they are still dim, you might consider re-wiring the lamps and running them off a relay. I've got a link somewhere in my computer for information on that; I'll try to find it.

My 83 quad lights suck. they are all yellow and I believe they are the orig. bulbs. I figure i should replace them...but with what? Anyone buy any lights that are other then the GE Halogen bulbs? Silverstar? etc?

TIA:D

Did the lenses yellow, or are the bulbs dim? On the older cars, the wiring alone may cause enough of a voltage drop to cause the bulbs to be dim. If you change bulbs and they are still dim, you might consider re-wiring the lamps and running them off a relay. I've got a link somewhere in my computer for information on that; I'll try to find it.

that would be cool, because im interested in this to... i put in silverstars, not actualy much brighter, just more of a white light. my lenses suck to though so..

I think the wireing is good but I will check when i do the swap. The lens' are yellowish and actually look dirty inside?! Back when I had my 86 hatch I had the same issue and bulbs pretty much did the job....but things and technology has changed since then....