Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! *updatetd w/ pic*

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:banana: I finally found a OBW at the right price. Going to pick it up in NH on Saturday. Its got leather which I dont really prefer, and the 6 hour drive is going to be long; but I am so happy I am getting a outback. I'll post pics once I get it home. Anyone have a lifted EJ? I plan on lifting it, but I would like to talk to someone who owns a lifted EJ. :drunk:

There is a decent amount of subies around here, but I was looking for a 96 outback exactly, and it seems that there are no 96s around here. So I gotta make the 6hr drive to get exactly what I want, well besides the leather. But then again, mud will come off the leather a lot easier than it would on cloth. What is Zap's scrren name...I did a search for Zap but nothing came up.

You have to drive 6 hours to get a good deal on an OBW? Boy, do you live in the wrong part of the country - It seems that every 10th car here is a Subaru.

haha, you're lucky, washington has been blessed from the subaru god. Cali is the same way, theres more close, but i had to drive 150 miles to get my GL

haha, you're lucky, washington has been blessed from the subaru god. Cali is the same way, theres more close, but i had to drive 150 miles to get my GL

Colorado's got them too. I've never had to bike farther than about 5 miles to get a "new" GL. Wait, I did take the bus down to Denver for one of them. That was about 30 miles.

Washington and Idaho definitely has better selection of old pickups though. Seems that toyotas were the only ones that made it to CO in any numbers.

fnlyfnd is in NYC, not many Subies there. A LOT of old domestic RWD Iron!!:lol: I know I grew up around NYC.

Here in New Hampshire especialy near the VT and ME border are A LOT of Roos! CT, MA and Upstate NY have a fair amount. I would say Vermont and Maine have the most.

Up here you have to get the Mid-90's+ years or the rust is BAD!! Out west you don't have as big a problem. There is a body shop/used car dealer in Keene, NH that ONLY sells used Subaru's and he has about 30 on the lot at any one time!!:)

There is a decent amount of subies around here, but I was looking for a 96 outback exactly, and it seems that there are no 96s around here. So I gotta make the 6hr drive to get exactly what I want, well besides the leather. But then again, mud will come off the leather a lot easier than it would on cloth. What is Zap's scrren name...I did a search for Zap but nothing came up.
I your new 96 a 5 spd?

I wanted a 96 with leather but was just happy to find a low mileage 96 (80k) 5 spd with cold weather package.

Also got a sick deal because it was a Honda dealership and it needed a few things fixed.

Yea its leather with heated seats and mirrors and a 5spd...Exactly what I wanted besides the leather.

I am actually in Central New York (syracuse)....

You guys out there in CO, Utah, WA, Cali, definately can get more use out of the roos then me, but the winters here can get pretty bad....But hey, Ill be in CO in a little over a year anyways **knocks on wood**

So I just came across some info......The cold weather package includes heated seats, mirrors, and a engine block heater. Since I know I am getting 2/3 will it definately be the whole package. I am guessing the dealer didnt realize it had a block heater...or maybe it doesn't? Would I just look for a plug somewhere in the front of the engine bay, near the bumper?? All I do is plug it in for the night, right?

So I just came across some info......The cold weather package includes heated seats, mirrors, and a engine block heater. Since I know I am getting 2/3 will it definately be the whole package. I am guessing the dealer didnt realize it had a block heater...or maybe it doesn't? Would I just look for a plug somewhere in the front of the engine bay, near the bumper?? All I do is plug it in for the night, right?

That is what came with in 96, 97 up also added heated windshield.

The block heater will be a cord you will see between the fog lights in the intake area bottom middle of the car. Unless someone cut the cord or took it out. And this is a block heater.

It still took me a while to find a nice 96 with all the options even here in Colorado. But I agree they have a saying here in "If the Bikes/Skis/Boards on top of your Subaru are worth more than your Subaru you are a Colorado Native." :grin:

if you want to swap your leather seats let me know!!

So I am just getting back from my 19hr trip to New Hampshire to get the outback. I decide since I was in NH I would take in the scenary, see some cool stuff and get some good pictures. The Great Bay national Wildlife refuge is about 20 minutes away from the dealership. So after getting the car and a bite to eat we were on our way. I got off at the wrong exit and drove around the bay for about 20 minutes (thanks mapquest). We back-tracked to the exit and asked the gas station where we needed to go. Couple more exits later, and now about an hour wasted when it should have only been 20-25 to get there, I pull up to the entrance......

i=wMTEyNjg1NjZzNDEzZGZkMzF5NTQx

SOB......Well I now am a proud owner of a Outback:banana:

Sorry rwedy I love the seats, very comfortable.

More pics to come tomorrow....I cant upload any pics to the photo gallery on this board? I have to upload to wetodd, then copy and paste the picture itself. I registered to that photopost which powers the photo gallery on this board so maybe that will work, but off to bed for now.

Its awesome what this car can do...I know the pictures don't look like much but we got into some pretty difficult situations, just no picture too show them. Pretty steep uphills with big rocks and some pretty deep mud that it ended up pulling us out.