Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Little Red Button RULES!!!

Got 10" of snow last night... first time I got to play in the snow with the Loyale. Started up the hill and started slipping. Pushed the 4wd button and could not even get the tires to slip (except full throttle around corners :) ).

I am now a true believer. Thanks to everyone here for showing me the light.

:headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

If you think the little red button rules, you should see what the magic shift lever can do!

That magic shift lever mostly got me stuck in huge snowdrifts, because it made me feel so invincible...

Then I'd have to go out through the back gate because the snow was up and over all four windows, and it was holding the doors shut...

Then I'd get my 1/2 ton stuck trying to pull the subaru out...

Curse you, Subaru, for making a 4x4 wagon that works so well!

I had fun drifting corners and pulling off sideways from red lights, and otherwise scaring the crap out of my other half :D

even 0wn3d some kid in a Honduh that thought he would beat me off the line, I didnt' even give it any gas, Just let the clutch out and creeped off and he sat there spinnin 'em it was funny :D

...not really, but makes a good story :D (Not really to the honduh part, but I was really drifting corners n stuff :D)

i really really enjoy a nice 4 wheel controled slide in the winter...:grin:

i cant wait. in the summer months the subaru is ok.. but i enjoy driving my vw on nice sunny days... but when the weather turns sour the subaru is my favorite... end of story there some of the best cars in the snow.:banana:

Even with a 2wd suby i was still able to go through a foot of unplowed snow to pick my dad up from the train station. These cars kick **s in the snow. I had a real hard time getting it to slip...and when i did it was because i hit the brake too hard.

i fully agree. i went up in the mountains today, fresh snow up there, and mine's 2wd. never slipped at all. these cars are good stuff.