Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Fixed the RX finally!!!

u can put any engine it seems. i called up the air and resourrce board and they said it was ok to put a ej25 engine. ala all those vanagons with subaru engines in them down socal.

Kennedy Engineered Products aquired C.A.R.B. excemptions for Vanagons owners that use their kits and as such they are legal but from what I have heard any other car mod that doesnt have CARB approval has to seek it before doing the change over.

Ok Eddy... you prove me wrong. But IM not going to spend months to do a EJ conversion, just to find out it wont ever pass smog again and is useless. I have a buddy that did a EJ22 to a EJ22T conversion, and he said that was a huge pain in the rump roast to get CARB'd. That, and I dont have much time to figure something out.

I think Tizzle has got it tho... this is a chance to start over. Im thinking maybe a carbbed block, gen3 heads... this should give me a chance to rebuild a EA82T and get the RX running the way it should. However, that is going to take a while. Weeks, maybe a month or so... and that just time I dont have.

:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

-Brian

That sucks man. You got any pics?

Do you know why it failed, oil pump, to lean, just old?

If you need anyhting let me know. The yards up here pale in comparison to Sac but there is an 86 turbo wagon, if you need anything let me know.

Good luck

Hey Brian, if your'e heads are OK I would just use an SPFI, or carb engine. If U run stock boost, and good gas it should run fine, and make more power all across the board:brow: CARB wouldn't be able to spot that one, and the long block should be eazy to come by.

Just my$.02

That sucks Brian

if you need I might have a rebuildable core EA82T soon.

oh as for the engine swap it can be done here in CA. You can look at all the details for your self on the BAR website. Basically it has to be a motor from a newer vehicle(not a problem with an EJ22). You will need all the emissions stuff from the doner vehicle(not much on an EJ22) and last of all it needs to be inspected by a referee and givin a tag for future smog inspections.

and yeah.. us guys who do the testing just might notice the difference;)

oh yeah a high compression block will raise NOX keep that in mind.

Okay, anyone want a RX to do a EJ swap on? Im entertaining offers, just PM Me.

I think im going to look for a Legacy, get my EJ22 swap the easy way. I dont have time to deal with a swap and bar and carb and ca and everything else... right now Im in need of a way to get to work and home. Maybe a good huffy is in order.

-Brian