Ultimate Subaru Message Board

East Coast Meet - 9-13-03 in Beaver Springs, Pa - Sticky??

Guest Dennis

Originally posted by Hocrest

Ben,

I thought I saw you and your SVX yesterday in Harrisburg, but when I pulled up along side I saw that it was dirty, and knew it wasn't you.

I did take your advice and cleaned my engine compartment. I'll show it off next week, unless I get something else to bring to the races...

Definately not mine. I currently don't have any seats in her and she's up on ramps in the garage. Hey its better than in the front yard.:burnout: . Something else huh? You gonna race that legacy?

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dennis, are you going to meet up in Harrisburg and let me and Ben join the train.

Jay, I guess you'd be coming up 83 or 81, do you want to meet up also?

I know of a place, fairly convenient on Rte 322 just north of 81. I'll get a map and details up in the next day or so. This would put us about an hour from the track.

dave...

not sure yet, im waiting for everyones response to my meeting place so ill plan accordingly, however - right now it looks like were going for a straight shot to the drag strip. everything is changing daily...guys from work are coming up to me going "yo did you here theres a subaru meet at beaver springs? im going..." so things are getting hectic as the days dwindle.

we'll probably be caravaning with an STI and 1 or 2 SOA promo cars unless those guys decide to go up friday nite...i have a headache

and for whoever needs it...my cell # is: 215-813-2283, after 9pm during the week please ad whenever on the weekend.

edited my post...its wonderful that this track doesnt have an address

the right address is:

somewhere near 322 in pa

like youre supposed to drive thru backroads in the middle of nowhere pa and then a drag strip comes out of the atmosphere and jimmy hoffa is there holding a sign that says $5, telling you where to park...

Originally posted by Hocrest

The track is about 20 miles east of Lewistown. And, 20 miles west of Selinsgrove.

Here is the tracks website with directions.

http://www.beaversprings.com/contact.html

The spot I was thinking of is along Rte 322, just north of Rte 81. Either right along a fairly wide exit ramp or at a McD's. Just off the highway.

If these Philly boys are brave enough to venture into "our neighborhood alone" that's fine. I can still meet up with ya Dave. I'm going that way anyways. What's a little exit ramp?:D

Yeah Ben, thats the spot. Gates open at 10, so I guess we want to leave Harrisburg around 9. I'll get there around 8-8:30.

Anybody coming from the south or west on 83, 81, or the PA Turnpike. The spot I'll be is at a McDonalds along Rte 39, just west of Rte 322, just north of Rte 81. Within rock skippin distance of the Susquehanna River.

Overview of Harrisburg

Closeup of Harrisburg

My cel is 570-292-0708, email is hocrest@earthlink.net

edit: map links added and email fixed

I'll be at the golden arches by 8:30 see ya Saturday! Oh yeah and here's a joke to put the Philly boys in the right mood when they go through Perry county.

What does a Perry county girl say when she's loosing her virginity?

Answer Get off me dad, you're crushing my smokes.:brow:

hahahahaha

Jay,

just noticed you're post about tent space.

I'm about an hour north-east of Harrisburg, and I'm sure i can find some space for you. Or if you don't want to go that far out of your way, call 888-PA-PARKS, there are a number of state parks south of Harrisburg, just off of Rte 81.

Going to look into staying in a hotel somewhere nearby. I saw the suggestions for the locally situated ones. Don't have a clue whether they are booked up yet or not. Does anyone have a town recommendation?

If I do get a room, I welcome crashing to the tired or a place to go to later for the more awake people of the crowd.

Jay

I know no one knows me yet as I just recently joined the group but I am going to throw my hat in the ring anyhow and anounce my plans to be there. :-) I will be driving up from the east coast of Virginia on Friday evening. I plan on staying in a hotel Friday night and then coming back home Saturday evening after the event. If anyone needs a ride and would like to come along I can be emailed at bryan at dodge-semis dot com.

Ruppster

'98 Legacy Limited GT

Or if you don't want to go that far out of your way, call 888-PA-PARKS, there are a number of state parks south of Harrisburg, just off of Rte 81.

Or:http://www.dcnr.state.pa.us/stateparks/recreation/cabins.htm

Gifford Pinchot,highly recommended:http://www.dcnr.state.pa.us/stateparks/parks/giffordpinchot.asp

You can get to the PAParks homepage easy enough from there.Search the region,I did quickly and there's closer camping than Pinchot.I didn't save the results though.