Ultimate Subaru Message Board

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the only thing that worries me about hydrogen is that all that's emmited is water vapor. with all the cars on the planet emmiting all that water vapor (which would be more than an internal combstion engine) i'm afraid of adverse effects to rainfall. more water evaporating means higher humitity.

could this be worse that global warming??

btw, i don't fall for the whole global warming thing, but that's not what this thread is about.

the only thing that worries me about hydrogen is that all that's emmited is water vapor. with all the cars on the planet emmiting all that water vapor (which would be more than an internal combstion engine) i'm afraid of adverse effects to rainfall. more water evaporating means higher humitity.

could this be worse that global warming??

btw, i don't fall for the whole global warming thing, but that's not what this thread is about.

Lot's of water emitted now - but the tradeoff might be OK if it significantly reduced some other harmful component. I have doubts about the overall wisdom if the creation of the hydrogen involves electricity from fossil fuels. If from nuclear maybe.

Well, the planet is warming up.

However, not because of the influence of us self-obessed humans. Nope, Gaia is merely trying to bring the temperature back up to the average.

According to ice boring in the thick inland ice on Greenland, there was a large drop in temperature around the 1860'ies. This coincides with the first systematic registration of atmosperheric temperature by meterologists. So, ever since then a steady climb has prevailed.

Narrow-minded, arrogant, tree-hugging types have the audacity to claim that humans are the cause....

Even if the environmental damage was not a concern, there isn't really a significant amount of oil there regardless. Probably not even enough to meet oil needs in the US for single year I'll bet. It's simply for rich cronies affliliated with the white house.

Why bother invading foreign countries for the oil when we have a president who is completely willing to plunder the Alaskan tundra for it? I mean that would be the smart way to end our foreign dependence. Its only collateral damage. No biggie.

Narrow-minded, arrogant, tree-hugging types have the audacity to claim that humans are the cause....

I wouldn't go that far.

"gaia" is a hypothesis, and it won'y be a theory for another couple of decades - if there is evidence to prove the hypothesis.