Ultimate Subaru Message Board

q? what made

Qeustion - what made yall buy asubie

me the fact on command 4wd lite fast durable reputation also the world rally racin did fer me but what got it reely fired up was shawns website got me goin . still luvin subie after 5yrs rekindled the lustof a subie .first subie 1987 wagon dl ever bought but shes come back to me . ican park her next to my throwed a rod brat:lol: :grin: , do u regret getin hooked on them or ru kinda glad u did share ur thoughts pleez

subaru its a son of gun

hooked an luvin it:banana:

Punctuation is your friend.

I had a friend fly in from Switzerland, and he wanted a reliable car that could get him everywhere he wanted to go in the US, and the battered, broken down wreck that he left for me when he went back to Switzerland is now my rebuild and reborn baby. I came for the cars, but i stayed for the friends.

Punctuation is your friend.

I had a friend fly in from Switzerland, and he wanted a reliable car that could get him everywhere he wanted to go in the US, and the battered, broken down wreck that he left for me when he went back to Switzerland is now my rebuild and reborn baby. I came for the cars, but i stayed for the friends .

Noah is spot on there.

But I do get emotionaly attached to my cars sometimes :-p

what started it was dad's 84? gl red wagon -- which is now trashwagon 7.2

first one I bought was only $50, had an interference with a powerpole, busted driver side middle window, but it was an '85 d/r wagon with H alloys -- which is now parts, took it to midwest mud fest, what a way to spend day of prom

second one I bought was an 84? brat with a topper and "natural windows"

trans locked up in 3rd gear, so I put the '85 in it -- it still goes, open ports field racer

my current one -- '89 RX http://www.ultimatesubaru.org/forum/showthread.php?t=44427&page=1&pp=10

I bought it becasue I needed something to drive when the roads are covered with snow, and it has a turbo, and lsd :D

otherwise I have a '85 jetta diesel for sale, $2500 and a '81 pickup because I was having a "situation" where I really wanted a diesel pickup, I love it :-p

Had a 86 Brat for my first car. I beat the crap out of that car. Great in the snow, amd in the woods. I have a 91 loyale now, and when I lived in Co, where it actually snows, it handled better than my 4x4 toyota in the snow. Good on gas, lots of room in the wagon, and the 4wd is good the mud down here in NC. :drunk:

Always loved the EA81 style cars growing up, but they were mostly gone by the time I was driving, at least in the area I was in. I found an 82 DL Wagon 2wd in 2002, rotted pretty good, but ran, paid $150 for it, dragged it from CT to WA behind a lifted F-250, and it died out here. It started burning massive amounts of oil, I couldn't even drive it anymore it smoked so much. Now the engine is almost done being turned into an air compressor for my shop, the body is scrapped, and I have an 81 GL Hatch d/r. Now if only I could get the damned clutch straightened out, I'd be set.