Ultimate Subaru Message Board

I had my windows tinted on an old car of mine at Pro Image Window Tinting. I wasn't very happy with the way I get treated there. The tint job was not the best either small bubbles form and since they were "too small" they wouldn't do anything about them. Also they couldn't get the tint to stick on the black dots around the window so I had a glowing effect around my back window. Anyways next time I will make sure I check out other places before going to the first place I see which won't be pro image. BTW they put a stupid sticker on your window also that takes awhile to get off.

~Stevecd

Check out the rules for window tinting in your area.

Some places are going zero tolerance on window tint.

And if you have a bad tint job, it will take forever to get it off.........

I bought a car once that had bubbly purple tinting........what a nightmare getting it all off.

Ask some of the younger guys who work behind the counter at your local parts stores--maybe that will give you a tip to who is good locally.

Make sure that the place will guarantee the work to last. Many offer a "lifetime" guarantee, in that they are supposed to redo the tint job if it bubbles in a few years. Ask whoever is in charge straight up "What will you do for me if this starts to bubble in two years?" Make sure you have something in writing and be certain that you keep all receipts! Even if they are great, honest people, if you don't have your receipt they really can't fix something they're not so sure they did 2 or 5 years ago...

Looking to have windows professionally tinted and wanted some tips/advice on looking for tinters...bad/good experiences, etc. What to look for? Materials? Thanks.

If your soob has the antenna in the glass, there's a good possibilty the film could affect reception. I think it's worse on AM and not much effect on FM - but there's hope (at a price) the Huper Optik films are ceramic and will not affect reception (just your wallet!)

Infrared is the enemy, not visible light and not (really) UV. ANY film will block UV effectively.

Since you live in CA. You shouldn't have too much problem finding a good tinter. I had my 90 Loyale turbo sedan done in Laguna beach and they did a great job and treated me just like people that owned the Bimmers and Mercedes that I parked next too. Reasonable too, I thought. $275. You know that they know what their doing if they tint the expensive cars.

I live in CO. and there seems to be a good tinter over in Durango. I had my Brat done there and they did a good job for $125.

Mike

I just had my 02 outback wagon windows tinted about a month ago and I love it. I tinted the back hatch, back sides and left and right rear door windows with limo tint. I left the front doors alone. Its great. I was having problems at night with the rearview mirror sensor being blocked by the middle headrest from drivers lights behind me. (sensor should have been on the top of the mirror) But now I'm not blinded by the light from the rear. I spent 200 on the job and they only quoted me 170. Incintive. However, they have been around for quite a while. Kar Kraft, Sanford NC on the east coast. Have not had any problems on the bubbles or around the black bubbles in the back side glass either. And it looks great! I made them take off the AWD stickers before they tinted.

Darren