Ultimate Subaru Message Board

possible idea...

beachbumberry

when i get my wagon, im thinking of setting it up for deep water, but with a twist... fill the front and rear fenders up with foam (like the stuff they used in monster garage) get the doors so they dont leak at all, and stick a BIG electric motor and prop (or jetski pump) on the back... than i can go ANYWHERE...lol

If you're gonna get an electric motor big enough to turn a jet big enough to move the less than ideal hydrodynamic Subie through the water, you're gonna need one hell of a good generator, which would then make your car the SS Titanic, instead of the SS Waterwagon.

Just my .02

However, if you were to drill into the pinion of the rear diff, and add a good seal to the back of the diff case, and ran a rod out the rear, you could bolt on a prop, and have that spin when you engage 4WD

Monster garage tried this with a Beetle...

And failed :clap:

but junkyard wars made several successful amphibious vehicles I think... or maybe that was the hovercraft episode? either way I don't care. i don't want monster garage, I want my junkyard wars back

junkyard wars did several times...

bugs dont float stock.. subarus do... foam in the fenders, bumpers, under carrage, and if i can, frame rails ought to make it float pretty well...if i can set up a prop from the diff, than that'd be great, but if i cant, than ill probably put a big trolling motor on the back that can be removed... possibly a small gas motor....