Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Installing cup holder in my Subaru Brat.

edrach

It's always bugged me that my Brat didn't come with a cup holder. I found a single cup holder in a '98 Impreza at the wrecking yard recently and installed it in the kick tray under the dash. A long reach but at least it's there. No more wedging my drink between the hand brake lever and seat. See the construction details in my photo gallery in the Cup Holder album. http://www.ultimatesubaru.org/photos/showgallery.php?cat=818

CH11.jpg

The only thing wrong with this idea is that it will triple the cost of buying a used cup holder for an Impreza on the Board. If I remember correctly I posted this cup holder for sale a while ago for $10 plus postage and didn't get any takers.....just as well for me.

nice and clean interior you have there turbone:cool:

i wish i could do something like that in my brat, but without them folding up, a passenger would never be comfortable. the leg area in ea81`s is a little tight for that, but xt's are definatly wider.

Ed...your a Classic......................Sparky:headbang:
I guess I am; according to the state of Washington, you have to be older than 30 years to be a classic.:brow: (Sorry, that's what my kids used to call an "ed joke.")