Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Digi dash Project........

HI all, i working with my cussin on fixing burned up digi dashes. focusing on ea81 cars. (as there are lots of ea82 digis out there) anyway i have 1 good dash and several burned up ones.... here are my plans

one i need burned up dige dashes (if you have one let me know)

two is to see if they are all tost in the same area(i have a suspision)

third is to send one to my cussin (electrical enginer)(yea i know spelling:rolleyes:)for him to check out and get his opion.

then repair the dashes i have and make a printed copy of a how to to fix them.

the cost in the end Free to anyone with email... a little money if im going to fix your dash... anyway all coments, help or info would be greatly apreshated.....

I have a few bad ones, but I suggest you use your bad ones for guinea pigs first before asking everyone for thiers. You need to have your cousin maybe fix one or two also. Then I think people will be shipping you so many your cous will be very busy.

i have found what i think is the problem. (a burned trace from the transformer) at least all my bad ones look that way. im waiting to hear back from my cousin on the best method of fixing trace as it is very small and near some stuff i dont want to heet up.. .as for my cousins creds, he desings and build prototype secuit boards for a living...

anyway ill let you know as progress continues...

I think I saw somewhere that someone thought that the voltage regulator on the board or voltage stabilizer on them goes bad and then they fry.

I guess what I am saying is...just b/c you found the burnt spot doesn't mean that it is going to be a permanent fix. Just keep it in mind.

Good luck though...I really like the 83/84 digi dash. Way cool! :headbang: