Ultimate Subaru Message Board

So close I can taste it!

Alittle at a time, the motor for my RX is slowly comming together. Today I spent a couple hours in the garage putting a new clutch and pressure plate on it today. Also installed the distributor and the up-pipe.

Here are a couple photo's so far:

DSC00718.jpg

DSC00717.jpg

I'd like to do some work to the coolant lines that supply the turbo. The rubber section looks alittle weak, and the shielding that was on there before is mangled. Next step after the turbo is to drop the block in and then button up the intake manifold and start on the pipe for the intake/intercooler. Cant wait to finally get it on the road again. :burnout:

-Brian

pics are great. nice avatar BTW.

sometimes I miss driving an EA82 turbo.

when i had one in my wagon, with the negated intake snorkus and the 2.5" open exhaust, it was one noisy p----d off sounding car. After I got tired of 12mpg (bad engine << dneufeld) i bought my brat and at one point loaned the wagon to my friend Rhonda, when her Honda was in the shop (don't bother, she's heard all the jokes before). I was walking around downtown and heard some buzzbomb coming from a few blocks away, and being a proper gearhead, kept my eyes peeled at the sound.. let's just say that regardless of how satisfied i was with how my car sounded while i was in it, I never thought it was that loud from 4 blocks away! I watched her coast by and wondered if my neighbors hate me.

I still have the rearpiece from that exhaust and can't wait to sound what it likes while venting an EJ22 :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

Yeah its been so long since Ive driven my car, i cant even remember how loud it is. Its got a 2.5" exhaust, no muffler. Stock downpipe and the only thing keeping it quiet are the 2 cats.

-Brian

looking good Brian. Yeah my RX has a 3" downpipe on it right now that ends right under my butt. Louder then crap but I love it. I'm going to be getting an Invidia N1 catback for it here in the next few months so hopefully it won't be as loud.

looks like you are making progress. Why not hit it with a little Gunk, or some other engine de-greasing product?

I did... how do you think it got as clean as it is now???

Im out of time, the rest of the time i have is devoted to getting this thing running again. Im not out to win any awards, or else I'd be like Brad painting everything blue and yellow... just to watch it blow up and get all my pretty paint covered in oil all over again.

-Brian

It looks like the heads are covered in grease. It may just be my monitor (tiny iBook). I didn't know that you had already cleaned it up.

Have fun running it. That's the most important part anyway right?

right!

and you're seeing grease on the valve covers and cam cases, but not on the heads.

Today I got the intake manifold bolted on. Was able to get all the hoses connected and wiring done. Also put together the bracket for the alterantor. Tomorrow i'll fill the motor with oil, do the intake plumbing and install the Alternator & Radiator.

Newest Pix :)

DSC00723.sized.jpg

DSC00721.sized.jpg

Here are some other pix. http://gallery.usmb.net/album46

Hopefully tomorrow I'll have her running again :clap:

-Brian