Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Well,

You are right, the STI 6 speed tranny can and is being swaped in SVX's. Here is a link of a guy on an SVX forums that has done it.

http://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=31966&highlight=speed+swap]

I think in this thread it was said the cost was $3500 for the swap and thats not includeing everything, but I can be wrong.

And whats wrong with the Fram oil filter.

Somebody posted a picture of a bad fram oil filter awhile back and said they were junk. I have used fram filters for longer then some of you have been alive and never had any issues with them. The picture looked like it was soaked in something other then oil. Oh well thats what the fram thing was about I'm sure. No big deal, I will run what I want on my cars. :)

Somebody posted a picture of a bad fram oil filter awhile back and said they were junk. I have used fram filters for longer then some of you have been alive and never had any issues with them. The picture looked like it was soaked in something other then oil. Oh well thats what the fram thing was about I'm sure. No big deal, I will run what I want on my cars. :)

Ever cut a fram filter open(new unused) and look at the construction?

A while back, I posted this link:

http://minimopar.knizefamily.net/oilfilterstudy.html

I have opened a few oil filters myself and can attest to the fact that Fram filters were the poorest quality of all of them. I've never had a problem with Fram filters either, but a company that makes an inferior product does not deserve or get my business. I'd rather save a dollar at Walmart and buy a better quality Super Tech filter!

a company that makes an inferior product does not deserve or get my business. I'd rather save a dollar at Walmart and buy a better quality Super Tech filter!

A company that meddles in local politics and actively destroys local economies doesn't deserve my business. .I would Rather spend a dollar more for something not quite as good;)

See how that works both ways?

Back on topic.

Nice XT. Needs a bigger turbo though;)

Well I have a 2002 WRX TD04 turbo, a up and down pipe and a Inner-cooler sitting here packed away in a box. I was going to do the swap but right now I just want to get the new motor in and the car running. I also have a rebuilt IHI stock turbo that I'm putting back on for now. I dont know if I will do the TD04 swap, lost my job and now I have to drive my SVX around.

May just offer up the TD04 and parts for sale. Will have to see.

Oh and for the Fram filter, well I run whatever I happen to find where I stop for parts. I will probably go back to Wix but I need to do a couple quick oil changes after I get it running and they were on sale. Never had any problems with them in the 35yrs I've been driving and using them.

:burnout: