Ultimate Subaru Message Board

It appears I was wrong and those tires look right for 15" ! I say go for it!

Carl

does anyone know if the stock wheels off of a 96 legacy with tire size 195/60-15 will fit a 90 legacy. current 90 legacy size is 185/75-14.

if not, what tire size would work with the 96 wheels

At first glance it appears your odometer/speedometer would be off. Try going to www.tirerack.com and , after drilling through to rim choices for your 90 leg, choose to 'plus 1' size it and see what the recommended tire size is.

unless of course someone here has done it!

Carl

yes they will work, you might be a couple mph's off at like 80 mph.....not a big deal. plus your tires wont roll as much in corners....that means you can take corners faster....to a point..... afterall, i put wrx rims and tires on my 98 legacy. from 185/75/R14 to 205/55/R16

~Josh~

well i just thought that the tire would rub the strut with any bigger tires because the stock tires are kinda close.

Assuming the offset keeps the centerline true (most likely) and the tires don't 'bulge' more - its only 5 mm (1/2 the difference). Do you have suspension mods or increased neg. canber or something? If not - should be good to go! If you're not keeping the old rims - sell them nect fall - there will be dozens of people looking for rims for snow tires.

Carl