Ultimate Subaru Message Board

How often and how early do you use Seafoam?

Hutch, that was an honest question, and your insulting "answer" was out of line.

Lewdog: I doubt you will need it for some time to come. I recomend it every 50,000 to 100,000 miles. I doubt you will need it before 100,000, particularly if you use decent gas. Despite what Hutch said, you are not an idiot for asking that question, given that you were not sure. If you had not asked it, then you might have been :brow:

I probably wouldn't worry about it until 30,000 miles at the earliest, unless you are having issues or use crappy gas. After that probably every 30,000 or so depending on conditions. I usually run it though the PCV line or brake booster, some people on here also put it in their gas and/or oil.

Isn't it obvious that Seafoam posts are simply planted advertising intended to get product attention? I laugh every time I see one. The pattern and titles of the posts are simply too "convenient".

I can't believe these posts are taken seriously.

Juan

paranoid or something of the form. I had a post about seafoam maybe 4 months ago. It was the first time I have ever used the stuff. It helped my cold morning tick somewhat.

May I ask how you heard about seafoam?

Juan