Ultimate Subaru Message Board

does anyone try DYNAMAT on his soob?

I tried some aresol spray on sound deadner once on a honda I had and it didn't do crap. I think the key is the thickness of the material, and with sray-on it takes a lot of coats. If I ever built another car up with a monster stereo I would go with real dynamat.

Keith

i dynamatted the entire trunk of my cavalier. that was a huge pain in the rump roast. worth it though. cut down on how much the car rattled from the outside when i had the stereo cranked, and made it sound almost twice as loud from the inside. i used the dynamat brand spray stuff on the fenderwells due to the stuff being a PITA to form to curves. oh, and the reason for all the dynamatting was 3 12" subwoofers in a custom box. :)

How many square feet of Dynamat did you use on your car?

i use 2 pac's of daynamat extream + 1 pac of daynamay original.

4 peac's in every pack.

every peace is 80*40 cm.

in total 12 peac's.

also this was only the first thing...on it i add special material that between the original rug and the daynamat, this thing add one cm high, also on the original rug, i mand a new rug on all the car.

now, under the car i made a anti rust + black pitch + paint it all with color black.

i used it... loooove the stuff :grin:

i used 2 bulk packs dynamat extreme

that did both front doors (inner and outer skin)

Tailgate (outer Skin)

Roof (outer skin and roof lining)

Wheel Arches in the rear

How did it effect the rattles? Was two bulk pack of extreme ($150 each) worth it or would the original work just as well?

i use 2 pac's of daynamat extream + 1 pac of daynamay original.

4 peac's in every pack.

every peace is 80*40 cm.

in total 12 peac's.

also this was only the first thing...on it i add special material that between the original rug and the daynamat, this thing add one cm high, also on the original rug, i mand a new rug on all the car.

now, under the car i made a anti rust + black pitch + paint it all with color black.

I had a homie that had his car "professionaly" (Audio Express) dynamatted for his system. It rocks to eliminate rattles and improve sound quality.

I always wonder how it is on weight? Those 12 pieces you used.. do you know how much each one weighs? or the total of all 12?

(I always thought it was Dynomat) lol

yes that stuff is very expensive ($260 AU per bulk pack)

it is also pretty heavy, not sure exactly how heavy tho

i think it was well worth the effort

it stopped almost all the panel vibration that i had, still has a few rattles, but these are bits i am still to do

having a peice of foam between anything that rattles will fix most of mine, just gotta get to them

I'm thinking of trying RAAMmat.

that stuff does look pretty interesting. Let us know how it goes if you do install it.

I'm interested mainly in just reducing road/engine noise, and wonder if it would be worth the time & money just for that. (I do have a decent stereo system, I just never 'crank it up')