Ultimate Subaru Message Board

I just started doing work on a '01 Subaru Forester and I was wondering where the best place to buy OEM parts is. Is there a website which sells OEM parts for less than the dealer charges? I'm looking for brake pads, rotors, drive and timing belt and fuel filter.

I just started doing work on a '01 Subaru Forester and I was wondering where the best place to buy OEM parts is. Is there a website which sells OEM parts for less than the dealer charges? I'm looking for brake pads, rotors, drive and timing belt and fuel filter.

check this place: https://www.1stsubaruparts.com/partscat.html

Not sure whether it's what you're looking for...

Hello:

I have had to buy quite a bit for my '99 Forester; I very much enjoy shopping on-line, but be certain you always order the correct parts for you car. Most places charge a 15 percent restocking fee for returns.

Below are a few online retailers I've used, moreover I have ordered OEM from each.

Good Luck,

John

Subaru Parts People.Com

Brandsport.com

Subaru Parts For You.com

www.SubaruGenuineParts.com for accessories

Use this section of their website for OEM replacement parts:

www.subarugenuineparts.com/oe_parts_cat.html

Put your VIN in the appropriate place, and then you won't be subject to fees if it doesn't fit!

Yep... and I'll be happy to help you if you cannot find what you need.

I manage the store ;)

feel free to send me an email or pm me here anytime.

Jamie Thomas

Jamie at chaplins.com

www.subarugenuineparts.com

logo.gif

http://www.subiegal.com

Yep... and I'll be happy to help you if you cannot find what you need.

I manage the store ;)

feel free to send me an email or pm me here anytime.

Jamie Thomas

Jamie at chaplins.com

www.subarugenuineparts.com

logo.gif

www.subiegal.com

Jamie rocks:banana:

the guys on the subaru list have nothing nice to say about subaru parts for you

nipper

I've had good results from http://subaru-parts-dealer.com/

I've ordered a lot of parts from them, it's all OEM, I think they're a Subaru dealer in South Dakota. Only thing is if they don't have the part in stock, then they have to order it from Subaru first, then ship it to you, which for me tends to take about 8 business days to get product after order. Basic stuff like fuel filters and stuff I think they stock.

There are a lot of online Subaru parts dealers who use that Trade Motion site (including the one I mentioned above), which is pretty easy to use, but their organization of parts and their diagrams leave a LOT to be desired. A lot of their diagrams don't show all the parts in that assembly (i.e. the strut/spring/mount assemblies). So I always compare with the OEM service manual diagrams and usually I end up having to e-mail my list of parts in instead of or in addition to ordering on the site.