Ultimate Subaru Message Board

I guess you alrady checked auto supply stores? I know they have a book that cross references with Anco, Bosch wiper blades/arms etc.

This could be, I have owned several pathfinders and their wiper blades are 12.5 and can only be found at a dealer.

May be so, just checked and Auto Barn shows no replacement for rear wiper! That's a Subaru gotcha... At least try and get it from one of the on-line discount Subaru parts dealers when ordering other parts.

This could be, I have owned several pathfinders and their wiper blades are 12.5 and can only be found at a dealer.

i think we're after a blade refill here... :)

05 Forester's are a tricky bit. They differ from others.

to view pricing or order this item:

1) see our oem catalog:

https://www.subarugenuineparts.com/oe_parts_cat.html

2) order/look up by part number(s): 86542SA050

New blade assy

16" rear for the 04/05 Forester

shout with questions

Jamie Thomas

Jamie at chaplins.com

www.subarugenuineparts.com

logo.gif

http://www.subiegal.com

Yup, a wiper (not washer) refill. I'd been making the rounds at auto parts stores to no avail; the Trico, Anco, and Bosch books had no listing for either the blade or the refill.

Thanks for the info and part number, Subie Gal. That's a reasonable price for an OEM blade. I'd done a search on subarugenuineparts.com yesterday and nothing came up, but sometimes searching by keywords can be quirky. The specific part number helps a lot!! I'll buy a couple extra to have on hand.

Who did you order from? Let them ship the others without charging you for the additional shipping.

From subarugenuineparts.com. I sent an e-mail to remind them that I ordered three but only received one.

Subarugenuineparts.com has great prices but the shipping for just one blade wouldn't offer any savings over buying from the local Subaru dealer.

Agreed. Keep us posted. Call them and speak to a person... email is easy to ignore. If they don't accomodate you, flame them here. It's sites like our message board that build their business.:headbang:

From subarugenuineparts.com. I sent an e-mail to remind them that I ordered three but only received one.

Subarugenuineparts.com has great prices but the shipping for just one blade wouldn't offer any savings over buying from the local Subaru dealer.

Glad you are having good luck with subarugenuineparts.com, I never did, they still own me for core charges on a set of axles, it finally got to the point where they stopped answer e-mails and never would return my calls. If I needs parts I either get them from Jamie or 1stsubaruparts.com

Glad you are having good luck with subarugenuineparts.com, I never did, they still own me for core charges on a set of axles, it finally got to the point where they stopped answer e-mails and never would return my calls. If I needs parts I either get them from Jamie or 1stsubaruparts.com

Okay, I'm now officially confused :-\ . Aren't "Jamie" and "subarugenuineparts.com" effectively one and the same? See post earlier in this thread: http://www.ultimatesubaru.org/forum/showpost.php?p=495533

Hey, there must be a shortage of these blades; I ordered three (a couple spares) and received one. :-\
I order parts all the time for the electronic repairs I do, and for the last year and a half I've been running into backorders, backorders and BACKORDERS. :confused: There's something odd going on in the economy that I can't quite put my finger on ...like a game of hot-potato or something - whoever gets caught with inventory when "the deal" goes down ...loses.

This is something unlike anything I've ever encountered before. My '00 OBS sat on jackstands for three weeks first waiting for a backordered strut, then for backordered strut bolts.

whoah hold on there

I work for Subarugenuineparts.com

and I dont owe anyone any core fees????

i'm really confused here.

Your wiper blades will ship on Monday

they simply overlooked this in billing out your order

I fixed it today thanks to your email :)

Jamie subiegal-smilie.png

I love happy endings.:)

whoah hold on there

I work for Subarugenuineparts.com

and I dont owe anyone any core fees????

i'm really confused here.

Your wiper blades will ship on Monday

they simply overlooked this in billing out your order

I fixed it today thanks to your email :)

Jamie subiegal-smilie.png

Thanks for the reply, Jamie. I couldn't tell if the other two were backordered or if subarugenuineparts.com had gotten my quantity wrong (I've had that happen on some web orders on other sites). Thanks very much for your help.

i THINK it was a combination.

1) we didnt have 3 in stock

2) I didnt see the 2 new ones on order

but i rush ordered them so that they will arrive in time to ship out on monday

I'll handle this one m'self and make sure to get you confirmation/tracking :)

Jamie

• 2 years later...

I found this post in a search. I went to my local dealer (Concord,NH) and I asked for a refill. They tried to sell me the whole blade for $20. I had found the part number on http://www.allsubaru.com/ and had it with me. The refill was 8 bucks and it will be here Tuesday. Kind of a pain in the butt to replace a wiper blade. I hope it last.