Ultimate Subaru Message Board

VERY high milage.....IDK I it is beautiful...think I might be better off with a loyale that has 80k LOL - how the hell did this thing not rust out??? amazing...I thought you were gonna tell me that it has like 98k miles LOL....How much do you want for it anyway>

i totally figured the milage would scare you, but thats fine man. i have owned hondas with well over 300k, and driven them as daily commuters, so it is not a problem for me to drive this car.

i`ll think up a price and let you know tommorow if you are still somewhat interested.

Thanks man...I am talkin to my mechanic aboutthe Loyale in the AM...if he says don't do it, then Iam gonna look for a legacy for the time being...If the crx had 150k or under, you could consider it sold because it would be perfect....200 k is a bit much for a car that has to be driven daily on the Bronx River parkway.....if it were on i84 I would say sure, but Bronx river is a bit harsh for an old honda methinks.

Go for the Legacy. at 150K miles, it is just getting broken in good. These engines were designed to last 400K miles without major problems, and the chasis is designed to keep up with that standard. The Loyale is a good car, but it was a last gasp for the venerable EA81. The EJ22 in the Legacy is just this side of indestructable, with reasonable maintainance.

The legacy is definitly a better choice and atleast you will be buying a car that looks more modern, has a more reliable engine, and less maintenance and you get the AWD system not the little button like on the loyale,and atleast they still make the Legacy. I know your not worried about power but if you do the legacy is the best choice, and fuel economy is much much better in the legacy overall compared to the loyale. A loyale looks like a outdated car, a legacy looks like today's car. All im trying to say it GET THE LEGACY!!!!!!!!!!!!:burnout:

But do you have an opinion?

The legacy is definitly a better choice and atleast you will be buying a car that looks more modern, has a more reliable engine, and less maintenance and you get the AWD system not the little button like on the loyale,and atleast they still make the Legacy. I know your not worried about power but if you do the legacy is the best choice, and fuel economy is much much better in the legacy overall compared to the loyale. A loyale looks like a outdated car, a legacy looks like today's car. All im trying to say it GET THE LEGACY!!!!!!!!!!!!:burnout:

F- the loyale....not for city driving....maybe if I was going i nthe opposite direction I would buy it....It needs to go to someone who wants to make it into a monster car.

I am choosing between

a 93 legacy LS wagon awd with 156k and an auto trans for 1600 bucks

a 96 legacy wagon awd with 150k and a manual for 2500 (negotiable)

and a 95 legacy wagon with 100k and a manual for 2800 (negotiable)

How much should I try to negotiate the price on either of the 2 newer legacies?

Also...I think i read that if the timing belt on an ej22 goes, the motor cannot get damaged...is this true???? because that is AWESOME

F- the loyale....not for city driving....maybe if I was going i nthe opposite direction I would buy it....It needs to go to someone who wants to make it into a monster car.

I am choosing between

a 93 legacy LS wagon awd with 156k and an auto trans for 1600 bucks

a 96 legacy wagon awd with 150k and a manual for 2500 (negotiable)

and a 95 legacy wagon with 100k and a manual for 2800 (negotiable)

How much should I try to negotiate the price on either of the 2 newer legacies?

Also...I think i read that if the timing belt on an ej22 goes, the motor cannot get damaged...is this true???? because that is AWESOME

I'd go with the 95, it has the least amount of miles. Talk them down to 2000 or 2250, you'll have a car for a deal.

Yeah, as long as the EJ22 is before 1997, it doesn't blow up when the timing belt snaps.

Check the clutch on the 95 with 100K. Drive down the road, put it in fourth gear early and step on the gas to see if it is slips under load. It's a $7-800 repair at some point but again this is a good car if'n you like manuals (better gas mileage and the auto tranny is no longer a potential question mark). Shop hard.

hey guys!

Thanks for all the help...This site is even better than NASIOC and CLUBWRX!!!! I would love to represent somehow when I get the beater....is there a club decal that i could put on the car to show my appreciation?

As for the cars...

Carfaxed them both....both are completely clean, and on their second owners. One of them was a wholesaled car bought buy a mechanic who made it his daily driver for a few months because he liked it so much.....

The tips for the one with 100k are great....

Either one is a great car and I am just going to look at and test drive both and see what the best price I can get on each one is....Probably gonna be one of the two cars though.

I LOVE driving stick and I actually thought I was gong to have to get an auto, which I was not so happy about, but then I found these 2 cars.

The guy with the 96 legacy wagon never showed up today.....Friggin drove an hour to meet him and never showed up. Whatever. I carfaxed that car and it was bought at an auction and there is a four year blank spot in its history.

BUT.....

I just sealed the deal on that red 95 awd stick legacy wagon!!!!! 2500 bucks....102k miles, brand new clutch, brand new a/c condenser, newer waterpump, runs like a champ. freekin SCORE!!!!!!!

:clap:Congratulations and continue to become familiar with this site.

While you are busy spiffying up your new car, check out the gas filler tube next to the right rear tire. There is a "protective" shroud at the lowest point that actually traps road dirt which ultimately stays damp and is notorious for causing rust through. Rinse it out vigorously with a hose and you should be good to go.

There actually is a bit of rust that we foudn there! Thanks for the advice and I am going to be sanding it down and re-doing that area of the car as well as cleaning out that whole part.

I will hopefully be picking her up on Wednesday or thursday. BTW it has 100k not 102k...Less mileage for the win!

I already have an intake and an exhaust that I am getting for free for the car from a friend who sold his car. Also going on the car are my stock wrx wheels painted gold and the stock leather shift knob from my wrx. Should make for a bit of bling...Nothing to over the top though because it is a daily driver. I refuse to spend any money besides on worn parts, maintenence, and cleaning supplies.

OH and when this car is not my daily driver anymore in a couple of years, a v7 STi motor swap might be a nice project:headbang: :headbang::clap::brow: