Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Old School Meet! Wyoming/Colorado guys and gals! Sept. 23rd, 2006

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yup I should be there. LUVMYBRAT and I will hopefully both be there. One of us will be driving his cherry red brat and the other will be in a turbo coupe if we can get the engine swap finished by then, and he can get it registered:D

Cool glad to hear it....that cherry red brat is staying at my house when you guys leave right?? ;):grin:

i just pm'd you my cell incase murphy's law happens on saturday

Ahh I got em covered, all the bad luck hit me this weekend. Someone backed into the RX in the parking lot at work (slightly bent back bumper, etc no major damage but still was a hit and run, I know it was a red car!), and when I went to go fix a stripped header bolt on the lifted rig I discovered that 3 of them are stripped so now it's sitting in my driveway with no exhaust (need to cut the flanges and rotate them, weld back on, I don't own a welder yet ;) )...so hopefully I covered the Subaru problems for the week for everyone.

Who's bringing what so I know what not to buy as far as food/drinks go????

I'll be there with the '89 wagon. But since I'm picking up the '82 wagon from Bill and Russ (hopefully) I'll have to leave one there till later when I can take the bus down and pick it up again. Unless there's an extra driver going back Boulder way...

Also, I could throw in the wirefeed welder for those exhaust flanges...

Zeke

just to ask what happend with the land by bandimere?

It was a no, then I tried to offer him some cash ($100 to be exact) and a promise letter of no responsibility and it turned into a resounding no...guess that offended him :confused: I tried though.

Hmmm thanks for the offer Zye, but I did buy a cheap rump roast 90amp flux-core welder (and hoping it will be here by then, since I've never welded a thing before maybe I can get you guys to help). Is about time I get around to learning how to weld even if it is with a cheap welder. Always have had someone else do it, but now the lifted rig can't really move until I fix it so what better time to get a welder and try and fix it myself with some help.

I can bring:

card table, 5 canvas camping chairs, my car fridge, and any food and beverage that we end up needing. Too bad the guy with the land is so uptight. I'd like to find something we can fool around on for the hell of it. Maybe I'll cruise around and dig something up.

Eric

It was a no, then I tried to offer him some cash ($100 to be exact) and a promise letter of no responsibility and it turned into a resounding no...guess that offended him :confused: I tried though.

Hmmm thanks for the offer Zye, but I did buy a cheap rump roast 90amp flux-core welder (and hoping it will be here by then, since I've never welded a thing before maybe I can get you guys to help). Is about time I get around to learning how to weld even if it is with a cheap welder. Always have had someone else do it, but now the lifted rig can't really move until I fix it so what better time to get a welder and try and fix it myself with some help.

I can weld like a madman! Just got done today welding in some patch panels on a '69 Mustang at work. My bodyshop foreman was very impressed since I can weld better then he can:grin:

Ok guys, the weather man has got me a tad worried....calling for a high in the 50's with chances of snow on Saturday, what do you all think?

Shall we go ahead or push it back?

I do have a large basement if needed, and we could hang out down there and watch Cannonball Run while we blab. Would hate to call it off after all the planning. Let's hear what you guys think.

well I've been getting the Brat dialed in, still got a couple of trinkets to put on the inside yet. Drove it over the hill on my commute last night and this morning and I feel good about the trip so I wouldn't mind the weather. Caboobaroo has to work til noon or so and then he thought of heading down, he was gonna help drive the 82 wagon that Zeke is buying. I would like to meet up with some more people , put a few faces to names and check out some rigs but if the majority says no then so be it.:cool:

well I've been getting the Brat dialed in, still got a couple of trinkets to put on the inside yet. Drove it over the hill on my commute last night and this morning and I feel good about the trip so I wouldn't mind the weather. Caboobaroo has to work til noon or so and then he thought of heading down, he was gonna help drive the 82 wagon that Zeke is buying. I would like to meet up with some more people , put a few faces to names and check out some rigs but if the majority says no then so be it.:cool:

I'm 99% sure we will still be on, after all this the Rocky Mountain region...not like any of us are scared of 50 degree weather and chances of some snow. Like I said I have huge mostly unfinished basement we can hang out in while the Barb-q is going outside if needed. Just want to make sure the weather doesn't scare EVERYONE off..as long as even half the people are still coming it's on! :burnout: