Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Does anybody know how to disable the seatbelt warning on an 06 Baja ? It is driving me crazy !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I always wear a seatbelt but the warning goes off as soon as I start it and stays on even in park, and then it comes on in park if I take the belt off, I am a salesman and sometimes I do paperwork in the car and do not really want the belt on ( explanation in advance for those who will respond with what a great safety feature it is like the idiotic DRL's )

Please HELP !!! ARRRGGGHHHHH!!!!!!!!!

i thought it was a 2 wire connector under the seat near the front. if the car doesn't know you're sitting in it, it won't sound the alarm.

Does anybody know how to disable the seatbelt warning on an 06 Baja ? It is driving me crazy !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I always wear a seatbelt but the warning goes off as soon as I start it and stays on even in park, and then it comes on in park if I take the belt off, I am a salesman and sometimes I do paperwork in the car and do not really want the belt on ( explanation in advance for those who will respond with what a great safety feature it is like the idiotic DRL's )

Please HELP !!! ARRRGGGHHHHH!!!!!!!!!

i have not disabled the chimes in my 05 legacy, but i find them annoying nonetheless. i figure the car will annoy me into buckling up and thus save my life some day. (i lost a dear friend in a bad car accident, so i think of that every time i get annoyed at it).

here is a thread from legacygt.com that you might find useful. dont know if the same logic would apply to the Baja, but worth a shot.

good luck..

http://www.legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=42147&highlight=seat+belt

Iwill give it a try in the morning and let you know how I Make out.

QM

i have not disabled the chimes in my 05 legacy, but i find them annoying nonetheless. i figure the car will annoy me into buckling up and thus save my life some day. (i lost a dear friend in a bad car accident, so i think of that every time i get annoyed at it).

here is a thread from legacygt.com that you might find useful. dont know if the same logic would apply to the Baja, but worth a shot.

good luck..

http://www.legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=42147&highlight=seat+belt

HEY !! That trick really worked Hallalua!!!!

Thank you every body !!!!:banana::headbang::lol::headbang: :cool:

there is a writeup over on www.nasioc.com if you scroll to the bottem and go to the baja forum you can do a search and there is a good read on how to do it there (I would know since I asked the same question over there)

Good luck and yes......it is very annoying :mad: