Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Mono Wiper?

remove the one on the passengers side and you have a one wiper EA82!!

the blade is easily adjustable with a little playing around you can get a different blade, any length you want installed on the arm of an XT wiper motor. you'd probably have to swap over an XT cowel, that doesn't sound very fun. the transmissions on them are very hard to find by the way. if you find a good one and regrease it though it should be fine for the life of the vehicle. sounds like a lot of work for a strange feature!

not sure about the controls...i guess it shouldn't be too hard to install the right wiring/plugs. might be a simple splice and go.

remove the one on the passengers side and you have a one wiper EA82!!

the blade is easily adjustable with a little playing around you can get a different blade, any length you want installed on the arm of an XT wiper motor. you'd probably have to swap over an XT cowel, that doesn't sound very fun. the transmissions on them are very hard to find by the way. if you find a good one and regrease it though it should be fine for the life of the vehicle. sounds like a lot of work for a strange feature!

not sure about the controls...i guess it shouldn't be too hard to install the right wiring/plugs. might be a simple splice and go.

hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha i like it :rolleyes:

now, ive never seen the mechanical linkage between the two wipers on the GL, and ive never seen the wiper setup on the XT(6) since my dads got repo'd back in 93....

BUT, I would imagine that if both motors are the same, you could possibly take the linkage or the motor/linkage assembly out of the XT, and remove the DRIVERs side wiper from your loyale.. and find a wiper arm/blade combination to make the passenger side wiper wipe the whole windshield. As GD said though, its a matter of the roofline.. but my brother did something similar on his CRX by simply replacing the passenger arm with a different one, loosening the bolt on it, and rotating it to where it covered the appropriate area in its travel..

a ghetto job could be done by simply adjusting the travel of the passengers side wiper.. but it would look funny and probably work poorly. to get the stock travel of the motor/linkage assembly to cover the whole windshield you would need an arm with a funny bend to it, and the right sized blade.

Its not as simple to visualize as it might seem though.

that sounds easier and more effective but i can say from having one wiper it sucks in the rain

Agreed. And the XT's wiper moves so slowly, even on the highest speed.

Though, its certainly fun to listen to the passengars say "Woah, that's cool!" whenever its raining.

Agreed. And the XT's wiper moves so slowly, even on the highest speed.

Though, its certainly fun to listen to the passengars say "Woah, that's cool!" whenever its raining.

come to think of it, the XT6 _was_ the first car I ever saw with one wiper..

memories....